Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Private Planes/Charters
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 3 messages
Posted by:Feb 24th 2005, 05:17:55 pm
OLBAIRAnyone thinking of charter should be aware that Twin Air is not to be trusted, This is based on my experince last Dec. We flew over on twin air
on Nov.20,2004 for a two week stay, planning to go back Dec 4 2004.Upon arriving at the airport a little early ( so as to allow for lunch prior to the 3 oclock flight) ,we checked our bags and sat down to await the plane.
At about 2:30 Wallace(I guess he works for Twin Air?) comes to me and "whispers" in my ear that the flight is cancelled because of bad weather! At the same time the desk attendant leaves the terminal. I ask Wallace what happens now? Can we switch our Twin Air tickets to the Continal flight leaving at 3:00 oclock. NO Continal will not accept Twin Air's tickets!
(this should tell you something) So, inorder to leave the island that day we purchased round trip tickets and got on the 3:00 flight
The rest of the story....
Upon my return to my home I contacked Clayton Gambar by phone and ask him to refund my money $595.00. He replyed that the flight "was not cancelled because of bad weather and he would send a check right away.
Many calls and other promises later ( and a letter on Jan3rd)with a final demand for a refund. I'm sorry to say that there has been no money OR any reply from Twin Air or Mr. Clayton Gamber.
Makes you wonder if he maintains his aircraft the way he keeps his word?
Posted by:Feb 22nd 2005, 09:19:28 pm
KimberlyFaron Sawyer at Cherokee Air, cherokeeair@batelnet.bs; Flamingo Air's pretty reliable; Pineapple Air and FlyYellowTaxi both offer charters ... hope this helps!

Kimberly
Posted by:Feb 22nd 2005, 04:28:42 pm
Jay-JayHi, I have some clients that would like to charter a few planes in May. Anyone knows the contact for any other charters? (Island Exprees, Rosie Mitchal or Twin Air????)Thank you.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration