Briland News Link (click)
"Briland sweet, eh?"
Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.
is required, and your
new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.
|Click Here to Post a New Topic|
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message
|Whale point info request|
|Click here to return to the subject menu.|
|Page 1 of 1||Total of 3 messages|
|Posted by:||Mar 7th 2005, 11:22:32 am|
|Ocean Fox||Dake has covered the wind/flooding risks with Whale Point. The advantages of owning land on Whale Point are numerous:
1. Many lots afford views of both the Atlantic and the Bay - especially from the second floor of any building.
2. It is peaceful and under-developed - a welcome escape from the increasingly busy nature of Briland!
3. Land is relatively cheap - you can currently buy an acre of bay-side land with 150ft on the water for less than $400,000 (try doing that on Briland!)
4. The land on Whale Point is the only land a non-Bahamian can own on Eleuthera that is close to Briland. Most of the land you can see across the Bay is commonage.
5. Whale Point is less than 5 mins by boat from Briland, yet a world away in terms of privacy and serenity.
6. North Eleuthera Airport is jut 15 mins away by road.
7. Whale Point already has a local bar and restaurant - Leon Johnson's Bottom Harbour Beach Club!
8. The Cost of building on Eleuthera is SIGNIFICANTLY less than building on Briland.
9. Whale Point is the new hot-property zone on Eleuthera - the prices are going up and the land is still being snapped up!
10. The sandy cove on the bay-side is the BEST place to watch the sun set in the area!
Yes, Jef and I DO own land on Whale Point...so we are biased! But right now I wouldn't sell my lot for $1 million!
|Posted by:||Mar 4th 2005, 06:07:18 am|
|Dake||I AM A LAND OWNER IN WHALE POINT -- IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE THE LAND IS IN WHALE POINT AS TO HOW MUCH POTENTIAL DAMAGE / FLOODING WOULD OCCUR. I PERSONALLY THINK THAT FLODDING IS NOT AS MAJOR A CONCERN IN WHALE POINT THAN SAY WIND DAMAGE FROM A STORM. DURING THE PAST 5 YEARS THOUGH THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS STORMS AND ALL HOMES SEEMED TO HAVE FAIRED VARY WELL WITH ONLY MINOR ROOF DAMAGE THAT WAS REPAIRABLE SHORTLY THERE AFTER NOTHING WORSE THAN IN HARBOUR ISLAND -- WERE WE LUCKY? WHO KNOWS TIME WILL TELL I SUPPOSE BUT I DO KNOW THAT HOMES HAVE EXISTED THERE SINCE THE 60' AS WELL AS THE REMAINS OF THE HOTEL WHICH ARE CURRENTLY THERE AND ARE IN ITS CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS DUE MOSTLY TO NEGLECT FIRST AND THEN TO HURRICAN DAMAGE BECASUE OF THIS NEGLECT. FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN CONTAT email@example.com SHE IS A HOMEOWNER THERE FOR 5 YEARS NOW AND I AM SURE CAN GIVE YOU HER TWO CENTS WORTH.|
|Posted by:||Mar 3rd 2005, 01:03:04 pm|
|kordo||Does any one have any info or comments about property located on whale point, is there risk of flooding or any other hazard and or benifts to buying land in this area. Thanks!!!|
us online at