Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Wedding (Eleuthera or Harbour Island)
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 7 messages
Posted by:Sep 27th 2005, 04:05:18 pm
smittyGreat to hear your mom is dong well.But then again I believe you told me she's a Martini drinker.A Grandmother! I'll have to start talking to you with a little more respect!Congratulations!!We have 4 and what they say is true."If I knew grandchildren were so much fun, I would have had them first!" You'll never be the same.
Keep those nice fish coming. Tight lines Ken
Posted by:Sep 27th 2005, 08:13:33 am
MaddieHi Smitty!
Mom is doing very well, thanks. Got some nice small mouth out of the menominee River in Wiscisnin this summer. My daughter in law caught a 5 1/2 # large mouth on a jitterbug at our place in the Upper Penninsula in August! I am going to be a grandmother in January, so Stanley will have a christening to do in March. Have fun in Winding Bay.
Posted by:Sep 26th 2005, 08:21:54 am
smittyHey Maddie, how you doing, girl.Cathing any thing worth talking about?Doing some pretty good Trout fishing here in NY.(Yes, there's still some un-polluted water) Heading for Winding Bay in Eleuthera in a few weeks to chase Dem Bones.Hope your Mom is doing well. Ken
Posted by:Sep 23rd 2005, 11:15:48 pm
MaddieMy son was married on Briland a year ago and the whole island turned out for it which was great but if you want quiet, go to Eleuthera.
Posted by:Sep 23rd 2005, 02:33:02 pm
ColinI'll be brave and walk where Smitty fears to tread.
IF you want to party and be social and have a great time celebrating in public I'd go to Briland. If you want a relaxed and quiet ceremony with a few friends and to get married on the beach or a bluff at sunrise then I'd go with Eleuthera. Both are gorgeous and both have wonderful places to stay. I'd be a Briland boy if I were getting hitched again, but my wife would probably object if I were...
Posted by:Sep 23rd 2005, 10:45:54 am
smittyThis isn't an easy question to answer.What makes one person happy can easily make another un-happy.For that reason I never recommend restaurants, books, movies etc. so doing so for a wedding sight is a little touchy.I will however tell you as much as I can about Harbour Island from over 20 years of vacationing there if you like.Please feel free to contact me by e-mail.Ksmith@arkwin.com
Posted by:Sep 21st 2005, 03:48:48 pm
divinely_guidedI am planning to get married in May but not sure if Eleuthera or Harbour Island is a better choice. It will be a small event (our parents and us). Would you suggest Harbour Island (Briland) or the larger island Eleuthera

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration