Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

rental
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 17 messages
Posted by:Jan 16th 2006, 08:14:03 am
MaddieIf you want to see a picture of the happpy fisherlady with the fish, send me your e-mail address. Mine is tadsmom@aol.com
Posted by:Jan 16th 2006, 08:11:17 am
smittyCome to think of it, I did hear some screaming coming from the general direction of Michigan last summer but passed it of as my friend Maddie switching to martinis.
(That's a BIG Largemouth)
Posted by:Jan 13th 2006, 08:47:34 am
MaddieWish I could fly solo, but my crappy knees need the boat, guide and someplace to sit. The company is also wonderful, but expensive. 3 hours with a shrink or a bartender would be cheaper...
My duaghter in law caught a 5+ pound large mouth this summer, she is a novice so I am surprised you didn't hear the screeming all the way from Michigan to NY.
Posted by:Jan 13th 2006, 07:37:45 am
smittyGlad to hear your mom is doing so well, although I hate to lose a fellow vodka drinker.I'm not sure I can even spell Pinot Gregio. I spent 10 days at Winding Bay on Eleuthera, but didn't hook up with any Bones.Wind was a problem. I saw a few, but couldn't get a fly to them.At home, In NY, the Trout fishing was excellent and I had a lot of fish during the week I spent in New Hamp.I went all the way down to a 2 wt. for Trout.What a kick.Bought a 1 wt. Can't wait to try it.I fish all winter when the ponds are free of ice, but of course it's out of season here.Guess you're itching to hit the flats. I stopped using guides on HI when it hit 200.I just walk out on Girl flat and do very well.Glad to hear all is well.Keep in touch.
Posted by:Jan 12th 2006, 06:35:53 pm
MaddieThanks for asking Smitty; Mom is doing great, having survived her heart trama and radiation for tongue cancer. She has come to her senses and quit the cigarettes and the vodka. She is now a Pinot Grigio gal. We will be down for the month of March and I am assuming we will miss you once again... How was your fishing this fall?
Posted by:Jan 12th 2006, 11:03:31 am
smittySure beats me, Maddie, how those guys can think the Bfishing at HI can support 300 per half day.Is it that much better than 25 years ago when it was 60 bucks? Of course not.Same flats, same fish, etc.It's just whatever the traffic will bear.
PS How'r you doing, kid?How's mom?
Posted by:Jan 12th 2006, 08:33:29 am
MaddieIf the guides have indeed gone up to $300 per half day this year, they will be getting no tips from me. Don't mean to be stingy, but that is too much for the kind of fishing that we have at HI.
Posted by:Jan 12th 2006, 08:19:59 am
smittyThere's only one place to go Bonefishing in the world if you're serious about it and that's Andros Island Bonefish club.You will catch 20 fish before lunch and have a shot at the biggest Bones you'll ever see.I cast to a fish we estimated at 15 lb.Believe me, my knees were shaking.And that's an everyday occurance.300 for HI? No me, mon.
Posted by:Jan 11th 2006, 07:07:09 pm
KMKThe big developers are hitting HI pretty hard. It maybe different in 5 years. 300 bucks for a trip with Bonfish Joe. HI is getting very expensive!
Posted by:Jan 11th 2006, 08:21:29 am
smittyI hear you KMK.Yes, HI is tough to beat, but the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised it'll be one of the most expensive places to visit in the Bahamas in a few years.I remember when Bonefishing was 60 bucks for half a day.The place we stayed at on Winding Bay was great and the people super, but we too considered leaving early.We don't look for a lot of excitement, but Eleuthera, as pretty as some of the areas, are is not HI.
Posted by:Jan 10th 2006, 10:17:31 pm
kathrynstrThanks to everyone for your responses! I have had trouble logging in and posting a reply, but all is well now! I would love to know someone who rents boats on a daily basis - a little Whaler or something similar. Also, any ideas on rental rates for the boats? Thanks a bunch & Happy New Year! Kathryn
Posted by:Jan 10th 2006, 09:53:32 pm
KMKI knew I liked you Smitty. We need to get together this fall. It is amazing what a stay in Eleuthera will do to your prospective. Jim Shelton owner of Yellow Bird next door stayed in GH this Xmas and came back early. HI is tough to beat! Cabo is nice. Do a little rooster fishing! Kind of like a boner but little bigger and badder.
Posted by:Jan 10th 2006, 08:20:42 am
smittyStayed at mybaybreeze.com several times and highly reccommend it.On the bay with a big dock and sleeps 4 to 6. A beautiful home that truely has everything.You'll love it.
Posted by:Jan 6th 2006, 07:34:18 pm
KMKwww.mybaybreeze.com
Posted by:Jan 1st 2006, 12:23:49 am
KMKwww.mybaybreeze.com
Posted by:Dec 31st 2005, 10:37:33 am
KimberlyDid you have a specific time of year in mind? Island Real Estate (islandrealestate@coralwave.com) or Bahamas Realty (jlorey@coralwave.com) should be able to help you ... Red Apple Rentals usually has a few available, but their e-mail address is kicking back at the moment.)

Enjoy your stay ...
Posted by:Dec 31st 2005, 09:46:07 am
kathrynstrI am looking for a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom rental house on the water. I would love to know if there are any with docks! Thanks, Kathryn

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration