Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Royal Island Development
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 4 messages
Posted by:Oct 28th 2006, 06:28:12 pm
KimberlyThere are galleons on the southern end of the island and on various properties off Dunmore and Bay Streets, and interesting ruins of old houses throughout the Narrows and southern ends of the island both. There are a few initiatives underway to move some of the galleons to a more central part of town at the moment.
Posted by:Oct 28th 2006, 05:29:56 pm
Tuck ShopKimberly,

I don't have anything to do with this deveopment. I'm just reporting the news :)

I am intrigued by the idea of a golf course less than 1 hour away thou.

I've been coming to Briland since the 80's and always try to keep up with the goings on in the area. Also this board has been pretty quiet lately and could use some differnt topics.

"We've had a few problems on Harbour Island with newcomers building airtight communities on such a small island that has unfortunately resulted in Brilanders not being allowed to visit the 17th century galleons left behind when the English defended the country against the Spanish, and a number of 18th century boatmen's cottages, ruins and such, which is a shame for local historians and visitors alike. "

Where on the Island is the galleon and the ruins you speak of ? I've seen some of the cannons on the Malcolm property, but that's about all.

TS

Posted by:Oct 28th 2006, 04:33:10 pm
Kimberly Thanks for the great news ... Royal Island's a beautiful island abounding with historic artifacts, a gorgeous harbour and charming coves.

Will the new development be a gated community, or will locals still be able to continue to visit the island? There's a pretty extraordinary Arawak prayer ruin on the northeastern corner of the island, and the old family estate still on the island has local artwork in every ruined nook and cranny. We've had a few problems on Harbour Island with newcomers building airtight communities on such a small island that has unfortunately resulted in Brilanders not being allowed to visit the 17th century galleons left behind when the English defended the country against the Spanish, and a number of 18th century boatmen's cottages, ruins and such, which is a shame for local historians and visitors alike.

Good luck with the development ... sounds wonderful!
Posted by:Oct 28th 2006, 08:48:47 am
Tuck ShopAs an exclusive real estate development, Royal Island will incorporate the unmatched beauty of the island including rocky cliffs, breath-taking beaches and spectacular ocean views. The residential portion will include single-family estate sites tucked into private enclaves, all with ocean views. The 18-hole Signature Golf Course will be designed as a “core” golf experience; most of the holes will offer unrestricted views of the ocean. The development will also include a private clubhouse, and luxury, 80-key boutique resort hotel with deluxe spa and both fine-dining and casual restaurants. As one of the few islands with a natural, deep-water harbor, Royal Island will also include a marina able to accommodate yachts ranging from 20 to over 200 feet in length. A village center of retail shops and amenities will provide the social hub for the island community.

“Our family has fished in the Eleuthera area for many years, and it is one of my favorite parts of the Bahamas to visit,” Nicklaus said. “The actual island that makes up nearby Royal Island is beautiful, highlighted by a great natural harbor. The island is well protected, and its location is ideal. It is private, almost secluded, yet there is an airport in Eleuthera just a few minutes' boat ride away. So there exists a perfect combination of privacy and convenience.

http://www.cypressequities.com/DevelopmentDetail.aspx?property_id=10035&property_category=5

http://www.nicklaus.com/design/101006.php

http://www.eleuthera.com/bahamasdevelopments.html

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration