Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

DELTA AIRLINES - Atlanta - North Eleuthera
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 2Total of 21 messages
1 2 Next>>
Posted by:Mar 3rd 2007, 01:29:48 am
Kimberly... now that's a REALLY good point. I just scored $557 round trip between Los Angeles and North Eleuthera ;-).
Posted by:Mar 3rd 2007, 01:01:45 am
Fifi202I just checked airfare on Delta at Christmas/New Year's time and it's $700 - $1000 ATL - ELH roundtrip! It might not be as popular as some fear.
Posted by:Feb 27th 2007, 04:28:09 pm
speechlol well maybe da goverment gave them a tip that things were gonna get big in north eleuthera! my lord.. i dont know, : ) imma plan a holidy to atlanta, they say the georgia sea islands and the gulluh people are just like us bahamians even talk and plait straw the same, if i can get a visa, i'd love to see that part of the states. well fifty aint small, but i guess it ain't huge. does this mean security will be much tougher now since its not just miami that we fly to. well im gonna ask delta to sponser some community programmes then see what they say. maybe theyll give our kids some tickets to georgia,. hey i bet theyll make this a two teired route first stop eleuthra then on to exume, i dont think theyd get 150 a week just for briland.
Posted by:Feb 27th 2007, 09:14:34 am
MaddieAccording to Delta's site, these are 50 passenger planes.

Take a look at the seating chart at http://www.delta.com/ism/SeatMapStrutsRequestPage.do

And here is the link to the plane's manufacturer's site.
http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/home_crj.jsp?langId=en&crjId=200

Delta Connection's North Eleuthera service takes wing on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Delta Connection says these are not seasonal sojourns. They’re scheduled to operate year-round.

Posted by:Feb 27th 2007, 08:21:29 am
HIflyerFor what it's worth North Eleuthera has "always" had lights. I medivac'd Bonefish Joe at 3 AM in 1991 and it was well lit. There is no formal instrument approach yet and that is required for night arrival though if you watch we do have night arrivals fairly frequently anyhow. The runway is long enough for larger aircraft but the ramp space is inadequate for what we have now. Delta's RJ will crowd it. A 737 would use it all.
Posted by:Feb 27th 2007, 07:00:47 am
kristiimmigration in Atlanta when coming from Europe is a piece of cake and very fast. Didn't get my bags though this time. The lady at Delta in Nassau delivered my bags the next day to the North Eleuthera airport even though my final destination was Nassau (the baggage claim). Great service!
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 12:57:09 pm
KimberlyThe flights out of Atlanta are going to be more convenient for our American and European guests, but here's to hoping that they can improve the experience at U.S. Customs there ... pretty ramshackle for such a busy airport. Otherwise, I'm staying with Lauderdale and Twin Air or Lynx Air.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 12:23:37 pm
speechcool well thats good i guess, i dont know i still got mix feelings about it, i hope you right kristi.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 12:04:06 pm
KimberlyBoth airports are 6,000 feet long now since the recent upgrades, but only Governor's Harbour's lights have been installed so far.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 11:15:49 am
kristiThey did extend it but I still don't think that it is long enough for big planes. The big planes can go into Governors Harbour since that is a normal sized runway.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 09:41:54 am
speechthey extended it two years ago.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 09:40:11 am
kristiBig planes cannot fly into North Eleuthera because the runway is not long enough.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 08:54:06 am
speechlol the flight is great and i am glad that our visitors from the US will have an easier time of getting to the island! harbour island will get by somehow... i hope they arnt big big planes though! when you posted it ..maddie, i just had vision of 737's and hoards of package deals and stuff, the island has so much on already its just like incessantly every one gettin a buck outta briland except brilanders, and giving very lttle back. valentines, house rentals, romora bay, bo hengy and now...delta? it just bothers me a bit i didn't wanna make a big deal cuase the condos and marinas are more urgent, i sometimes just wonder, when harbour island has been sold and resold, paved and packaged down to the last inch and is no longer interesting charming or unique and the beast of corprate tousim has fully swallowed us, will everyone still come or will they move on the the next unsuspecting island, ragged island or maybe acklins, or somewhere in the southern caribbean, and what peices will we be able to pick up when the dust has settled.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 08:15:38 am
MaddieWhen I started this whole debate by posting my excitment over the new flight, I should have clarified my statement...

I was speaking from my personal stadpoint which is that my family will now be able to get there in one day, not two. We have been coming for over 50 years and this is a real blessing to US.

I completely agree with Speech and Snowy's opinions as far as it making it easier for new people to come down.

That we definitely don't need.
Posted by:Feb 26th 2007, 04:25:32 am
kristiThis is great news. It wont bring more people to the island - it just makes it easier to get there. Frankly I feel safer on a bigger airplane. It will now take me one day to get there instead of two!!!
Posted by:Feb 25th 2007, 08:57:29 pm
speechhmmm im still thinkin! if i was from atlanta or at school their id think it was great news, but briland is already on over load,more flight more condos more marinas, less electricity less water,less space,less freedom, more crime,more stress,smae money more expenses. its a simple thing just another flight sorry to be so negative about it, its just a gut feeling....enough! you know what i mean give us tme and space to catch up with our selves, anyway to each their own opinion, i just though id explain my uneasiness about it!
Posted by:Feb 25th 2007, 08:31:06 pm
pawleyzI think it is GREAT news !!
Posted by:Feb 25th 2007, 08:49:15 am
snowydont think so....
Posted by:Feb 23rd 2007, 07:44:55 am
speechis it?
Posted by:Feb 22nd 2007, 11:16:02 pm
MaddieThat is wonderful news!

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration