Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Town Meeting on Feb. 28th with Steering Committee
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 8 messages
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 01:42:57 pm
Seaweedthat's really good about B4B! Like I said, the petitions and the numbers will help. That's really good and encouraging about the clean-up and wall painting. I think it's important to see improvement in small ways when so much is going on that's "big". No, unfortunately, I'm not on the island at this time, or believe me, I would know what B4B would be up to, as I would be right along with them :).
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 01:38:35 pm
speechofficially the marina is on hold till they plan is approved, i think, but nothing is certain. yo the 'group' if you mean brilanders for briland, ahoed up wit dey petitions and meets bout 4 times a week, are organising an island clean up, yo r u on briland? if u is go check em out let em tell u what dey up to.da february meeting had a large turn out! hopefully the march one will too, but with everyone working hard due to the high season who knows. b4b will keep petitioning, pushing for ppl to install better water systems, and lobbying government to think more carefully. aswell as running some community projects like wall painting and clean up :)
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 01:29:30 pm
Richard PYeah but in the menatime that marina get approved, yes? Or no?
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 01:13:31 pm
SeaweedSpeech, thanks for the update. hopefully the meeting at the end of march will be more of a group effort. however, the group must show up with their petitions signed, and the group must get together, or the "group" can't complain when they don't feel included.
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 01:10:13 pm
SeaweedBrilandkid, I don't understand what you mean by no time for crappo. Does anybody else have anything to say about that meeting and the master plan?
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 01:10:02 pm
speechFrom what i understood, most people thought a plan was an excellent idea but felt that the current one was not valid as public participation had not been adequate. there is expected to be a meeting toward the end of march.
Posted by:Mar 7th 2007, 02:35:57 am
BrilandkidYou are wondering about a post to the meeting well it does not deserve the time. the leader who can't lead his way out of a brown paper bag. no time for crappo.
Posted by:Mar 6th 2007, 11:58:11 am
SeaweedI'm surprised that there are no post about what happened at the town meeting with the steering committee. What really happened and what is the state of developement on Harbour Island. I heard that people ran on, but then I heard that the same people apologized for their behavior etc. So, what's happening with the master plan?

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration