Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Flag / crest of Harbour Isl?
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 14 messages
Posted by:Jun 15th 2007, 10:19:23 am
hobiecatDoes anyone know anything about the history and origins of the unofficial crest of Harbour Island that was in the link from the original post?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33lbfd

It looks like it is made up of a series of crests - perhaps from early settler families? It would be great to learn more about the history of the crest and when it was first in use.
Posted by:Jun 10th 2007, 02:34:03 pm
kristiI think the main problem here is that Smitty doesn't stay to the subject and strays away to answers concerning alcohol. Yes it is easy to delete the response if we don't like it BUT we can also ignore the subject and not post a reply if we don't have an answer to the subject at hand. That's it...I also think that the group mentionned earlier by Kimberly can understand that it does get old always reading about Mount Gay et al in every other discussion topic. That's it from me...
Posted by:Jun 7th 2007, 07:08:26 am
snowyI think what Smitty is trying to say is that life is too short to get all worked up about everything. Relax and delete his comments if they dont suit you......
Posted by:Jun 5th 2007, 09:10:55 pm
MSHillsI think moderating each other is EXACTLY what this forum should be about! Mostly Smitty comes off as an alcoholic - so what?
Posted by:Jun 5th 2007, 09:05:36 pm
KimberlyLook, all you have to do is search the archives to see where Smitty has contributed in a positive manner to many discussions here. He really IS more about tight lines and vodka martinis, trust me ;-).

Smitty, Jef Fox, Andy Leggett and I have a long-running joke going here, so I'm as guilty as he is of hogging the conversation as it were.

Please don't moderate each other. This is meant to be an open forum, so if someone's posts bother you ... just delete them.

Thanks.
Posted by:Jun 5th 2007, 07:45:04 pm
KarolActually, Smitty, your last post is offensive and I frankly think you owe Sharon an apology. How are you so rude? From my count, there are only two people on the board who find you mildly amusing. The rest of us are sick of your "humor" and one track mind.
Posted by:Jun 4th 2007, 10:54:45 am
smittyWith all due respect, ma'm, we've always been told out here that all opinions are welcome as long as they address the subject with respect and are non-offensive. Never been told the board is for only serious subjects, if there is indeed such a thing, but I must agree that I take nothing serious and have been "accused" of that throughout my life.But I'll bet you a nickle I have more fun then most.Too tight knickers will make most things seem serious, I guess. Smile, Sharon, not everything is as bad as the six o'clock news.Yours, respectful.
Posted by:Jun 4th 2007, 10:34:12 am
bahamasharonToo bad you can never take anything seriously. Everything to you is a joke. I always thought this forum was for serious discussions
concerning Briland.
Posted by:Jun 4th 2007, 09:46:35 am
smittyNo problem,ma'm.Never seen a pennant with a rum glass on it.Strange...
Posted by:Jun 2nd 2007, 06:34:17 pm
KimberlyGreat idea ... how can we help?

(Smitty, thanks for volunteering to be the first sponsor of the project!)
Posted by:Jun 2nd 2007, 07:45:51 am
bahamasharonMAYBE WE COULD HAVE A CONTEST ON ISLAND WITH THE TWO SCHOOLS AND INCLUDE ALL HARBOUR ISLANDERS IN THE VOTING. I THINK A FLAG WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL FLYING OVER THE ISLAND AT THE POST OFFICE AND ON THE BAY. WE COULD WORK OUT SOME GREAT PRIZE THAT WOULD ENHANCE EITHER ONE OF THE SCHOOLS THAT WINS.
Posted by:Jun 1st 2007, 04:23:37 pm
smittyI've always liked the flag with the Martini on it.Works anywhere.(sorry,couldn't resist it Kristi)
Posted by:Jun 1st 2007, 04:14:22 pm
KimberlyThere's a national coat of arms, but perhaps a sailor in our midst can offer up a nautical flag, if one exists?
Posted by:May 30th 2007, 05:51:55 am
JohannaFriends of mine got married in 1999 on Harbour Isl (they had a wonderful time and are still dreaming of staying at "The Landing" again one day...).

They want to put up the flag of Briland in their garden (in Switzerland) because Briland has brought them luck = 2 children :) But so far they were not able the find a flag of Briland or at least of a good picture of a flag.

There is a picture of an unofficial Harbour Isl crest on the Government website http://preview.tinyurl.com/33lbfd but the picture is very small and it says it's unofficial.

Maybe somebody in this forum could help? Anybody knows of an official flag (or a crest) of Harbour Island and could send me a good picture of it (easiest would be to scan it and send it by e-mail). Or is the unofficial crest on the Gov-website in use on Harbour Island and somebody could send me a better picture of this one?

Maybe a Harbour Isl flag/crest (official or not) is being sold somewhere on the island / in Nassau / over the internet?

Thank you very much for your help !
Johanna

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration