Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Blue Shutters
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 19 messages
Posted by:Nov 26th 2007, 08:46:28 pm
tinamithanks for the advice but we have already secrued the Barton House. I will pass the word to my friends whop might be looking for a rental for that same week.
tina
Posted by:Nov 26th 2007, 04:50:10 pm
RTSorry - I must have eaten too much turkey. My parent's house is next to the Barton House - not the Clark House.
Posted by:Nov 26th 2007, 04:48:39 pm
RTHi - my family used to rent Blue Shutters and loved it. Since then my parents built a house next to the Clark House. It is called Beyond Reach and they do rent it out (through Island Real Estate). It has three big bedrooms and a "dorm" area for kids. I'm biased, but I love it. Good luck
Posted by:Nov 14th 2007, 01:13:22 pm
smittyMaddie
Glad to hear all is well.Looking forward to getting a peek at your new knee:) Good luck.
Posted by:Nov 14th 2007, 08:08:52 am
MaddieSmitty,
All is well, thanks!
Having my knee replaced in 3 weeks so that I can be back on the flats by March, keep me posted about your travel dates.

Posted by:Nov 14th 2007, 07:51:27 am
smittyMADDIE
I doubt we'll be down in March, but you'll be the first to know if we're coming.Thanks for the invitation,I'd love to fish with you...and dump a few at Pink Sands.Hope all is well.
Posted by:Nov 13th 2007, 08:17:23 am
MaddieSmitty,
Any chance you'll be there in March? There is always room for you in my boat...
Posted by:Nov 12th 2007, 08:03:10 am
smittyKMK
Dee and I were just talking about coming down.Probably contact you later.I may forget how to catch Bonefish but never how to make a Martini...
Posted by:Nov 11th 2007, 05:51:23 pm
tinamithanks everyone for all of your suggestions. Unfotunately, you are correct Blue Shutters is not available for rental. I have been in touch with Natasha at Island Realty and I am thinking of taking the Barton House because we have family staying at pink sands and it is close by.

I'll take a look at the Farcliff website also.

thanks again,
tina
Posted by:Nov 11th 2007, 09:33:15 am
TessTinami-I was nosing around Blue Shutters just the other day. It looks like they are "close" but not open yet...no furniture, landscaping, paving, decking, etc. yet to do.I don't know when you need accomodations, but if you are interested in a 5 BR, family style place on the beach, Farcliff may suit your needs-2 houses S of Blue Shutters. The Island Real Estate site hasn't been updated in years...go to website: Farcliff.com
Posted by:Nov 10th 2007, 05:58:32 pm
KMKSmity, you need to come to Baybreeze again. You have probably forgotten where to catch bonefish or drink martinies.
Posted by:Nov 9th 2007, 09:13:11 pm
JellyfishBlue Shutters is in the final stages of a complete remodel. It will be VERY nice, and is now owned by Runaway Hill. You might consider Farcliff, 3 houses south of Blue Shutters and Four Seas, further south, but not to Pond Rock.
Posted by:Nov 6th 2007, 08:03:42 am
smittyThere's only one house to rent and that's Keith Kearney's place on the bay.Sleeps 4 with a trundle.Beautiful and very well kept plus away from those brutal east winds on the ocean side.Been there 3 different times and loved it every time.South of town away from the crowd.
Posted by:Nov 6th 2007, 12:02:28 am
Tuck ShopTell me about it Kimberly :)

That is the house I was thinking about, I said North instead of South. That house was bought by Runaway and is part of their hotel now.

What about Kelly Crest a nice older 3 bedroom house just south of there on the beach or do you need 4 bedrooms?

TS
Posted by:Nov 5th 2007, 11:16:46 pm
KimberlyThe Island Real Estate website hasn't been updated in ages, but they're working on it ;-)!
Posted by:Nov 5th 2007, 10:12:30 pm
tinamiBlue Shutters is a 4 bedroom 2 bath house on the beach just south of the coral sands and it is one story.

Kimberly, Thank you I will email Geraldine.
Posted by:Nov 5th 2007, 09:51:17 pm
Tuck ShopI don't see it listed on Island Real Estates website.

Is Blue Shutters the 3 bedroom house that is located on the beach just north of Runaway? One story cement.

TS
Posted by:Nov 5th 2007, 08:34:26 pm
KimberlyContact Geraldine at Island Real Estate, islandrealestate@coralwave.com for rental information ... Blue Shutters is a lovely house!
Posted by:Nov 5th 2007, 05:35:45 pm
tinamiMy family and I spent a marvelous week in HI 5 years ago at Blue Shutters. We want to come back next year. Unfortunately, I can not find the house on the net and have lost my old information. Can someone point me in the right direction?

thank you,
tina

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration