Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Happy New Year: **Sands Beer,** New Bahamian Brew Launch
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 2 messages
Posted by:Dec 26th 2007, 06:19:06 pm
Fig Tree News Teamhttp://www.thebahamasinvestor.com/features/post170.php
Posted by:Dec 26th 2007, 06:13:35 pm
Fig Tree News Teamhttp://www.jonesbahamas.com/
15th December
Bahamian Brewery & Beverage Opens
Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham said he counted it “a special pleasure” to join the family of James “Jimmy” Sands to mark the official opening of the new Bahamian Brewery & Beverage Company facility in Freeport, Grand Bahama.
Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham said he counted it "a special pleasure" to join the family of James "Jimmy" Sands to mark the official opening of the new Bahamian Brewery & Beverage Company facility in Freeport, Grand Bahama.

The new facility houses the brewers of The Bahamas’ newest beer, christened "Sands Beer" after an island-wide competition to name the new Grand Bahama brew.

"Earlier today, I had the opportunity to take part in the ground-breaking ceremony for Phase V of the Freeport Container Transhipment Port," Mr. Ingraham said. "I used the occasion to remind Grand Bahamians of opportunities coming on line in the economy, opportunities we should prepare ourselves to take advantage of."

"I believe that spin-off business and employment opportunities for Bahamians, made possible as a result of large scale Bahamian and foreign investments in our economy, ought not to be minimized or missed by us."

According to Mr. Ingraham, Mr. Sands said that the concessions available under the Hawksbill Creek Agreement together with the first rate port and transhipment facilities available in Freeport had convinced him that this was the best location for this investment.

"I was pleased to learn that much of this project is Bahamian. The building was designed by Burton Miller. And, the contractor for the job was another Bahamian enterprise, Frecon," the prime minister said.

"I am assured however, that the state-of-the-art brewing equipment hails from that haven of beer brew masters -- Germany. Indeed, a well-respected brew-tech from Hamburg, Germany, was engaged to oversee and build the actual brewing apparatus."

"Among his other responsibilities will be the training of a Bahamian brew master and other staff," Mr. Ingraham added.

The brewery presently employs 50 Bahamians directly and a similar number are said to be indirectly employed as a result of the brewery’s activities.

"This is a good shot in the arm for Freeport," Mr. Ingraham said, "for jobs are needed here in this city."

"I congratulate all involved in this new venture and look forward to following your progress as you move from strength to strength."

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration