Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

District Council Elections on June 26th
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 3Total of 45 messages
1 2 3 Next>>
Posted by:Jul 9th 2008, 01:06:47 pm
Fig Tree News TeamThe Chief Councillor for the District of Harbour Island 2008-2011
Mr. Darrel Johnson - email address:- darreljohnson_05@hotmail.com

The Deputy Chief Councillor for the District of Harbour Island 2008-2011
Mr. Tremane Johnson - email address:- tremanejohnson@hotmail.com

Other Councillors are:-
Mr. Daschiel Roberts
Ms. Nora Albury
Mr. Antoine Barry
Mr. Troy Higgs
Mr. Patrick Barry
Posted by:Jul 9th 2008, 09:58:43 am
MaddieHow do concerned people who don't live on the Island contact the council members?
Do any of them have email addresses?
Posted by:Jul 9th 2008, 09:52:52 am
Briland_AmbitionI understand that but if it keep going on you would continue to use that same pharse setteling for whatever come our way. I Agree with the working together! but I think that need to be preached to the Council Men/Women .

I understand the Post For Chief Councillor is Darryl Johnson? true?
Posted by:Jul 9th 2008, 08:04:17 am
MaddieYou know what, what's done is done and now we should all be doing our best to work with the new council to fix some of the problems!
Posted by:Jul 8th 2008, 10:08:54 pm
KimberlyNo, ma'am/sir .. that person was NOT elected to the council.
Posted by:Jul 8th 2008, 04:58:41 pm
Briland_AmbitionIts a SAD ending some person's are ignorant to that fact, Most of them need the reality stick to hit them upside the head.

I"M TIRED OF THE CYCLE!!!!!!

One that don't seem to improve in any which way person take the job as another title letting it get to there heads and forgeting there purpose.. ITS SAD

Kimberley is the person who was pushing for Officer Pinder to leave the Island on the exsiting Concil?
Posted by:Jul 8th 2008, 12:21:23 pm
BlueleganceIM DIEING TO HEAR FROM THE NEW DISTRICT COUNCIL MYSELF.. I WAS EXPECTED A BETTER ENDING..... AND A MORE EFFICIENT COUNCILLOR AND DEPUTY COUNCILLOR...GIVING YOUNG BRILANDERS AN OPPORTUNITY IS KEY BUT NOT WHEN THEY NEED A LARGE EXTENT OF TRAINING... I THOUGHT ANTOINE BARRY WOULD HAVE MADE A GREAT DEPUTY...... DONT KNOW ABOUT THE COUNCILLOR, HE SEEMS TO BE OKAY... BUT THE COUNCIL TEAM I FEEL IS REALLY NOT A GOOD CHOICE.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO MEET THE HIGH DEMANDS AND NEEDS OF THE RESIDENTS ON HARBOUR ISLAND...
Posted by:Jul 7th 2008, 01:06:21 pm
hobiecatCongratulations to the new council and best of luck in your endeavors!
Posted by:Jul 7th 2008, 11:52:20 am
KimberlyFrom what I understand, after a recount was made, both Troy and Tremane were elected to the council, so Sheril Johnson was removed from the list.
Posted by:Jul 7th 2008, 05:52:56 am
Sue R.So who is it . . . Tremaine or Troy?!
Posted by:Jun 29th 2008, 02:20:20 pm
Fig Tree News TeamAfter a recent recount, word on the street suggests that Darrell Johnson, Nora Albury, Antoine Barry, Troy Higgs, Pat Barry, Tremane Johnson and Daschiel Roberts are the new Harbour Island District councillors for Dunmore Town.

The Fig Tree News Team congratulates the new council team, and sends over a year's supply of high-cctane coffee ... there's much work to be done!
Posted by:Jun 29th 2008, 08:42:29 am
ash12i was answering B.A,S question,,,,,if the cheif position was decided yet. The cheif counsilor could be any of the seven elected members.they among themselves has to decide on who will be cheif
Posted by:Jun 29th 2008, 06:25:24 am
Briland_AmbitionWell i see reality finally sitting in!
Posted by:Jun 29th 2008, 04:28:04 am
kristismitty - I need a drink
Posted by:Jun 29th 2008, 04:27:28 am
kristiThose are the two people to be elected chief??????????????? goodness me
Posted by:Jun 27th 2008, 09:58:31 pm
Fig Tree News TeamThanks for the correction, Ash12. Our sources suggested that Jermaine Johnson ran for office, so ran with that information. Best of luck to both Tremaine and Troy on the runoff election!
Posted by:Jun 27th 2008, 09:46:06 pm
ash12the cheif position would be elected on monday, its tremain johnson,,,jeffrey and cathy johnson,s son
Posted by:Jun 27th 2008, 01:20:26 pm
Briland_AmbitionIt's Depressing
Posted by:Jun 27th 2008, 11:45:13 am
Briland_AmbitionWAS CHIEF Councillors DECIDED YET ?
Posted by:Jun 27th 2008, 11:16:10 am
Fig Tree News TeamCongratulations to new Harbour Island District councillors Nora Albury, Darrell Johnson, Daschiel Roberts, Sheril Johnson and Antoine Barry. A tie between Troy Higgs and "Bonefish" Jermaine Johnson is being decided, with more news as it becomes available.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration