Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Briland MusicWalk: Saturday 29 November
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 10 messages
Posted by:Dec 23rd 2008, 10:04:25 am
KimberlyA message from TaDa:

"Hello all thanks for all your support! My new album will be launched in grand
style on Tues., Dec 23rd @ Uptown (formerly Club Envy, atop Conch Fritters) in Nassau.

I'd love if you can make it out to celebrate with me and experience the project live and in full effect. There will be special guests appearances and performances by some of the Bahamas' finest...

For ticket orders of 5 or more, please call 393-1910.

Happy Holidays and see you on the 23rd!"
Posted by:Dec 13th 2008, 07:23:33 pm
Fig Tree News TeamNice writeup, photographs of the event online at TheEleutheran.com ... cheers!

http://www.eleutheranews.com/local/211.html
Posted by:Dec 2nd 2008, 03:47:13 am
kristizennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Posted by:Dec 1st 2008, 05:28:33 pm
ash12thanks Richard P! just for comformation i,m not incharge of any percentie band or they,re music! my grandfather was the leader of the band! so dont use my name for the reason for it not being played at the event! how dare you to even imply that gesture! infact nobody needs my approval or consent for playing the music at the event! who do you think i am? you want to raise questions about the music including my name! please dont do that!
Posted by:Dec 1st 2008, 03:01:10 pm
KimberlyGreat all-day arts and music show on Saturday at Valentines, highlights of which will be broadcast and streamed live at Tempo Television's channel and website ... I'll post the link as soon as it's available.

BTC and Tempo showcased Nassau musicians Sammy Star, The Landlord, Peter Runcks ("Badness Outta Style"), Bodine and the stars of BTC's popular "Da Spot" series, all of whom were wowed by Briland's beauty ... and the Valentines Resort & Marina event setting.

Nell Rahming of Dorothy Rahming Art positively shone, and Miz Pearl Lewis hosted the ever-popular 'Taste of Briland' Cafe.

Brand-new Briland bands Afro Band and Love Child really rocked the house, the Ithalia Johnson Band (Ithalia, Chico and the nephews) were outstanding as always, Ratty Sweeting starred as the old tyme calypso troubadour, headliner TaDa Burrows stole children's hearts around the island, and Ashley Percentie closed out the evening with an impressive Junkanoo revue.

Several new Briland stars were born on Saturday afternoon, so stay posted for the latest news on Briland MusicWalk II ...coming soon!

There is a lot of interest in an April 2009 event, but details are being worked out at the moment for a date later in the month (after Easter) ... stay tuned!
Posted by:Nov 27th 2008, 09:33:53 am
kristiI get compliments on my dorothy rahming pieces all of the time. Will there be another art show in the beginning of April??? hint hint
Posted by:Nov 25th 2008, 01:27:04 pm
KimberlyAfro Band, Ithalia Johnson, Ratty Sweeting, Love Child and TaDa Burrows will positively rock on Saturday afternoon at 3:00p!

In addition to the fine musical lineup in place, a mini-ArtsWalk with the arts and crafts styling of Dorothy Rahming, Obie Goodman, Christine Johnson, Anne Seton Barry and Iris Lewis will be underway as well.

See you on Saturday afternoon, at Valentines Resort and Marina.
Posted by:Nov 22nd 2008, 01:06:22 pm
Richard PGood music, no note of anyone from the percenties so far, too bad as that music is the music of Harbour Island more than any other.
Posted by:Nov 21st 2008, 11:38:13 am
Richard Psafe to assume that Ash12 is makng sure that no Percentie brothers music will be played live on Saturday afternoon hey?

too bad.
Posted by:Nov 21st 2008, 11:36:54 am
Fig Tree News TeamBriland Modem Fund
Harbour Island District Council
-- and --
Valentines Resort & Marina

present ...
Briland MusicWalk 2009
An Explosion of Bahamian Music
2-9:00p Valentines Resort & Marina
Bay Street - Harbour Island, Bahamas

Terneille "Tada" Burrows (Nassau)
Afro Band (Harbour Island)
Love Child (Harbour Island)
Ratty Sweeting (Eleuthera)
Ithalia Johnson (Harbour Island)
... and surprise musical guests.

Tickets $10/door
Event drink specials
Bahamian and Haitian sweets and savories on sale

Support your local musicians! E-mail lia@#valentinesresort.com for more information on discounted "Briland MusicWalk" hotel rates, or info@briland.com for details on future such events.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration