Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

day visit advice
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 5 messages
Posted by:Feb 5th 2009, 08:30:20 am
smittyI vacationed 23 years in a row at HI.Can't remember complaining about anything except running out of Kalik.You sound bitter mon.
Posted by:Feb 4th 2009, 08:38:40 pm
GrouperOr, You could stay in Nassau and complain about...whatever... like the rest of those from upnorth.
Posted by:Feb 4th 2009, 03:41:26 pm
smittyUpnorth
I was hoping one of the natives would jump in here and help you out.I'll give it a try.I must tell you I haven't been to HI in 5 years or so,so some of what I tell you may be out of date.I assume you'll arrive at the Government dock in the middle of town, and head for the ocean beach.If I were you I'd ask one of the taxi drivers for the best beach access.Unless you're staying at one of the resorts, no chairs are available.The shops are spread around town and you can easily walk from one to the other.As far aslunch goes I alway eat at the Blue Bar at Pink Sands Resort but the places you mentioned are also ok.Be aware that this time of year the prevaling wind is Easterly which puts it in your face on the ocean side.If it's calm it's a beautiful beach.As far as a cart or bike, I'm a cart man but I no longer have any idea how the per day rental is.Ask a taxi to take you to Ross' rentals.Tell Cookie Ken Smith says hello..Hope this helps.
Posted by:Feb 3rd 2009, 08:35:50 pm
GrouperIf you are arriving on the Fast Ferry...just follow the herd.
Posted by:Feb 2nd 2009, 10:48:46 pm
upnorthwhat is the best plan for arriving around 9 am, spending some time on the beach then browsing in a few shops, followed by lunch at The Landing or Angela's Starfish? Should we rent bikes or a cart? Are beach chairs / showers available? Which beach access to use?

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration