Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Ten Places To Eat Before You Die (Irish Times)
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 2 messages
Posted by:Mar 22nd 2009, 03:04:11 pm
The PartymanThe PM will not be going to Ireland for one of his ten places. I will still pay $30 for the burger at Sip Sip but prefer the Percentie conch salad at Queen Conch. That's island living boy.

Respect to the Irish but I am not looking to them for food tips.

That being said lads and lassies GUINESS IS GOOD FOR YOU.

Slainte!
Posted by:Mar 22nd 2009, 12:57:32 pm
Fig Tree News Teamhttp://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/travel/2009/0321/1224243185722.html

6 Sip Sip Court Street, Dunmore Town, Harbour Island, Bahamas, 00-1-242-3333316.

Because I was born in the Bahamas I don’t feel too guilty sticking in a restaurant from one of the islands. I lived in Nassau, the slightly grubby, touristy capital, for 10 years; a short flight or ferry ride away well-heeled IT families descend on Harbour Island, the Dalkey of the Bahamas. Film stars and supermodels have colonial cottages here, and in Pink Sands the island has one of the finest beaches in the world. Overlooking it is Restaurant Sip Sip, an adorable lunchtime spot run by Julie Lightbourne, a slightly grumpy local who doesn’t have much time for the society dollies who take over the island during holiday season. But Lightbourne sure can cook: conch chilli, lobster quesadilla and curried chicken salad all served with fabulous cocktails loaded with Bahamian rum. It doesn’t get more picture perfect than this.

** Main courses 15-30 Bahamian dollars (€11-€22)

** British Airways (www.ba. com) flies to the Bahamas via London Heathrow. See www.bahamas.com for ideas about where to stay.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration