Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Green Lecture Series Continues At Romora Bay (Saturday)
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 7 messages
Posted by:Apr 16th 2009, 11:16:45 pm
DakeGlad you hear what Iam saying.

I was probably living in Nassau where I was born and was not aware of those issues then - Also a greater awareness for the environment has only been on my radar now for the past 7-8 years maybe - if that ? so these concerns did not concern me until now.

A "Green" marina ? is there such a thing ? Was the constuction of the Marina "green". Hmmmmmm i doubt that ?

D
Posted by:Apr 16th 2009, 11:26:57 am
AmelieI know what you say but where waw your anger as the xisting marinas allowed ships to pump Their waste into the harbor for years with no question? At very least Romora is a "green' marina now a days.
Posted by:Apr 16th 2009, 12:41:06 am
DakeAmelie,

Do you think that a 3rd marina was needed on harbour island ? Do you think that during the construction of the marina no harm was done to the sea bed and the harbour.

Does it really matter where the blame is placed or wether investors or locals or chinese tadpoles "liked" the marina when at the end of the day damage to the harbour & seabed may have been done ?
Posted by:Apr 12th 2009, 04:14:05 pm
Ameliebut the big new dock was liked by local and investor alike and approved, so why do you only blame Ramora for what you call greed?!
Posted by:Apr 12th 2009, 02:37:22 pm
BonefishThat's ironic !!....the Cape Eleuthera Institute should be ashamed of having the meeting at Romora. There was no need for a third mega marina in the harbour but out of greed the owners of Romora Bay proceeded. The result will be massive dumping of human and nonhuman waste into our already delicate waters. The Cape Eleuthera Institute should rethink having the meeting at Romora as many of the environmental groups in the world will not look positively on this never mind CEI's wealthy backers. Everyone else that lives and visits Harbour Island should also boycott Romora as a statement that they like a clean harbour.
Posted by:Apr 11th 2009, 10:31:15 am
The PartymanFree tap water for all!

Bring your pets!
Posted by:Apr 9th 2009, 05:00:22 pm
Fig Tree News TeamCEI presents "Green Lecture" at Romora Bay SATURDAY

The Cape Eleuthera Institute will be hosting a "Green Lecture" at the Romora Bay Club & Resort this Saturday at 4pm. Topics include Sustainable Living, Shark Conservation Research, and Sustainable Food Production. There will be a Happy Hour following the lecture.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration