Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

** UPDATE** 57th Family Island Regatta
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 10 messages
Posted by:May 20th 2009, 08:59:28 pm
The PartymanKimberly is 100% on point!

And now, a short ditty for you all:

'Wake up and.... lift up your sails to the rising sun, Harbour Island!'
Posted by:May 10th 2009, 02:38:04 pm
KimberlyBest get Warren Grant on the horn, as he's busy training a new set of sailors ... hope they have a few upcoming regattas in their targets, as for too long Harbour Island has not been representing our fabulous and famous boating history!!!!!!

Wake up.
Posted by:May 10th 2009, 09:40:29 am
The PartymanI am disappointed with the reaction to my post.

Weak.
Posted by:May 8th 2009, 09:24:59 pm
The PartymanAnd now, back to our regularly scheduled Regatta.
Posted by:May 4th 2009, 08:44:03 am
AmelieWhat is wrong with entertaing a guest? If tourism is so bad for you then do something other, can you farm? Bild another business or only tear other people down............. las t i checked not only white people were serve.
Posted by:May 4th 2009, 02:15:13 am
The spanish inquisitionso you're saying "please stay one topic while I babble on off topic".

Thanks for the info on Spanish people though.
That tidbit, combined with the fact that I'm NOT SPANISH would've helped me when I took SPANISH CLASS in HI.

I banish you to a country where the grade average is a D and you'll grow up to serve white people the rest of your life.
Posted by:May 3rd 2009, 11:23:28 am
The PartymanEl Conquistador please stay on topic. The Spanish brought many diseases to the region that lead to the deaths of many indigenous people. If it were not for the Spanish we would have had some Arawaks involved in the Regatta.

I banish you to the Basque country.

Godspeed el chico loco.

Ting um dem say go bey!
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 05:41:41 pm
The spanish inquisitionIt's "el topetón".
Not "el bumbo".
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 02:17:30 pm
The Partymanel bumpo
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 10:53:28 am
The PartymanThe PM is back from Regatta Week in Exuma.

Highlights:
+ TIDA WAVE out of Staniel Cay was the big winner in the A Class again followed by RUNNING TIDE straight out of Salt Pond, Long Island.
+ Alot of good native food on Government Dock huts.
+ The PM noticed that the consumption of SKY JUICE was way up over previous years.
+ The Cruisers, who typically spend very little money, were out supporting the local food and drink shacks.
+ Elizabeth Harbour was buzzing with activity from large vessels following the races to cruisers in their emaciated dingys.
+ The PM spooted a VERY large green sea turtle, in the harbour, during the races.
+ The PM's wife spooted a Mother Dolphine with her baby calf. The pair played with us and our crew for 30 minutes. A great sight during these festive times.
+ All respect as usual to the spirit and tradition of Rollie Gray.
+ Great post-ceremony party at the FP Marina. Many ministers were in the house and the champagne was flowing along with fantastic neo-French/Bahamian cuisine. Lobster and Conch Ravioli according to a gentleman from Acklins said it best "Boy, dis is off da chain." The PM responded with the obligatory "Yes Bey."
+ Great food at Santana's on Little Exuma.
+ The indigenous lizards on Sandy Cay were all out in full force and happy to eat grapes and crackers.
+ Their was word on Channel 68 of purported sightings of S/V Adamo in the Jumentos and another sighting off of Cat Island.
+ No violence heard of!

There is more but that is the report from the PM.

There were no boats from Eleuthera, Briland or Spanish Wells in this Regatta. Plenty come from Abaco, New Providence, Long Island, Exuma, Acklins and Ragged.

I remain,

YOUR PM

PS: No swine flu cases. But the Pig Roast on the Sunday after Regatta was "off da chain".

More later!

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration