Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

jr junkanoo in nassau
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 4 messages
Posted by:Nov 20th 2009, 08:57:00 am
Fig Tree News TeamWhen's the cleanup at the school now?

Have you been able to reschedule? Quite a few people have been emailing info@briland.com for more information and wanting to assist, so let us know!
Posted by:Nov 10th 2009, 06:52:17 pm
ash12i know of simone davis spending her own funds to install an AC up at the school. i know,ve alot of concerned citizens on this island including myself READY GET SOME THINGS DONE! spanish well dont even have an auto mechanic class we had one! they dont have a woodwork class( they teach on the outside)we have a well equiped room.in many cases we more well off than spanish wells but we dont take advantage of the avantages. i cannot sit by and hear dont let that bother you,,when my child or children graduate,they may not want to come back here to work,,what about the kids that are here now! se its not about me or my child,,its about our community and its future
Posted by:Nov 10th 2009, 06:03:48 pm
The spanish inquisition"some teachers and parents are furious about this decision taking our kids to nassau! knowing what state this school is in."
I can agree with that. Spending all that money instead of investing in something worthwhile.

"lets get together on a weekend and repair some classrooms(the hell with any government) we can do it ourself,ves!"
I agree, but that takes effort.
The average bahamian just likes to bitch and moan and blame and not lift a finger. From what I understand, Spanish wells has a strong sense of community and support each other. I remember hearing their schools' AC was paid by the people for the students. They didn't rely or depend on anyone. Instead of sitting around, they took action. -But spanish wellians (or whatever they're called) aren't "average" bahamians.

"people like ugly american can surely point fingers at us!"
Don't let THAT bother you. The college I went to had a TERRIBLE reputation, but that didn't stop me from getting a good job in my field. My point is, make you're child the exception. Make it so when they call the school dumb, you can say "not my child". If your child's doing well in school,don't let talk like that bother you. Just because I went to HI doesn't mean I have no future.
Posted by:Nov 8th 2009, 10:59:31 am
ash12all efforts are focused on this years junkanoo parade in nassau. A good side to this event is, our kids are traveling to nassau but do they know about the flour bag to newspaper costumes. i wonder if these kids who are travelling really know who johny kanoe was and how the name junkanoo came to be!the real importance i think should be is EDUCATION! a few short years ago a program was started but to participate all students had to have a good grade average MEANING THE BAND!some teachers and parents are furious about this decision taking our kids to nassau! knowing what state this school is in. classrooms need alot of maintainance, bathrooms the same!most of all our kids need some serious TLC in terms of education 2/24 got diplomas! come on BRILAND!! how much longer are we going to let this happen..we have enough skilled men,fathers who should say! lets get together on a weekend and repair some classrooms(the hell with any government) we can do it ourself,ves! if we stick together!)if we dont people like ugly american can surely point fingers at us! our island is rated as dumb and ignorant, school is rated as the worst in the bahamas! come on man!

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration