Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Passages: Jim Shetler
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 5 messages
Posted by:Jan 31st 2010, 03:32:11 pm
Fig Tree News TeamNote from Barbara Melot on Harbour Island:

To all Jim and Ann's friends.

I have had numerous people say that they would like to make a donation in Jim's memory and did the family have a preference.

I spoke with Ann the other day. She has asked that anyone interested in making a donation in Jim's name to do so to the Harbour Island Sailing Club. Checks to be made out to "Harbour Island Sailing Club."

Charles Carey has offered to accept any donations at the Princess St Gallery. Those on the island may drop them off during business hours. His address is:

Princess St Gallery, Post Office Box El27139, Harbour Island, Bahamas.

Ann is doing as well as can be expected, and is looking forward to seeing all their HI friends soon. She hopes to come down with her family around the first 2 weeks of March. She thanks everyone for their cards and phone calls.

If anyone has any questions give me a call : Barb M (242) 333 2805
Posted by:Jan 9th 2010, 09:00:46 am
Lutra AnnieMy heart goes out to Anne. I was with Jim at the Marina in November and had a good conversation. I had no idea he was ill. He will be missed on Harbour Island.
Posted by:Jan 9th 2010, 08:07:42 am
MSHillsJim was WONDERFUL! Hew was always a gentleman and cared about the Harbour Islanders all the time.
Posted by:Jan 8th 2010, 09:49:24 pm
KimberlyJim was always the gentleman.

Per son Mike, cards may be posted to Ann Shetler:

442 Av Claremont
Westmount, QC
Canada H3Y 2N2
Posted by:Jan 8th 2010, 05:59:32 pm
Fig Tree News TeamWe regret to inform the Briland family that James Shetler passed away Tuesday January 6th, 2010 as a result of complications from surgery for cancer. He is survived by his beloved wife Ann (Bastin), children Michael (Cathy Papadas), Laurie (Tim Smith) and Kimberley and grandchildren James, Jessica, Dylan, Grace, Taylor & Carlos. "Moose" as he was called by his children, grandchildren and college friends was called to the Bar in 1962 and followed a successful business career with a retirement devoted to helping build a charitable organization helping some of the poorest people in Central and South America. He was an avid tennis player/coach whose favourite place on earth was his adopted home on Harbour Island. A Memorial Service will be held in Ste Agathe Tuesday January 12th to be followed by a gathering on Harbour Island in March.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration