Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Swimmer from Eleuthera
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 5 messages
Posted by:Feb 8th 2003, 12:19:03 pm
Fig Tree News TeamUpdate from Jon Bethel

Apparently Neil B did make it ashore at Sandy Point (along with a case of Kalik kindly donated by the two fishermen from Eleuthera who helped him). He stayed the night with Dan & May Bootle of Sandy Point however the following morning Niel decided to head north again, this time on foot. Radio Abaco reported this evening that a Mr. Neil Benson, of Charlottetown, Nova Scotia, who had swam all the way from Eleuthera, was at Snake Cay and would be resting up there for a night before entering the water again on Saturday morning with the aim of making landfall at Fishers Bay, Guana Cay in time for the Sunday pig roast at Nippers.
BASRA will be sending out a boat at first light tomorrow to monitor his attempt to swim to Guana.

ZNS is supposed to be sending a film crew from Nassau tomorrow morning to take some footage of the swim to Guana.
Posted by:Feb 8th 2003, 12:00:08 am
Pat S.Well, it seems the swimmer is headed for Nippers for the Pig Roast on Sunday! I honestly wasn't sure if this guy was pulling everyone's leg or if he was the real thing! If ZNS came out to cover his latest swim then I guess "He's the Man!"
Posted by:Feb 7th 2003, 11:59:39 pm
Pat S.Well, it seems the swimmer is headed for Nippers for the Pig Roast on Sunday! I honestly wasn't sure if this guy was pulling everyone's leg or if he was the real thing! If ZNS came out to cover his latest swim then I guess "He's the Man!"
Posted by:Feb 7th 2003, 08:08:47 pm
island ladyAny definitive word one way or the other as to the whereabouts of the to-be-legendary-if-it's-true swimmer from Eleuthera? Thank you, Pat S. of Abacoboard for kindly posting the initial news this morning.

Has "Neil B" reported in? It sounds like a great swim from here up to Hole in the Wall, but can't see how it could be done in just two days???????????????????????

Wow. How chapped is that?
Posted by:Feb 7th 2003, 10:47:19 am
Pat S.Recently, Neil B. posted that he was going to take a swim from Eleuthera to Hole in the Wall. There were many who expressed their thoughts on the matter and many who thought this was the beginning of a hoax. Does anyone out there know ths Neil B. and if so, did he really accomplish this feat or is this a figment of his imagination?? If anyone is interested in reading the complete thread, go to www.abacoboard.com and click on "new board". Thanks!!
HE MADE IT !
Kevin -- on Thursday 2/6/03 @ 5:19 p.m. EST
Two Fisherman Mac Pinder and William Johnson from Bogue, Eleuthera picked up a swimmer close to shore near Hole In The Wall. Accompanied by a Kayak. They were taken to Sandy Point and dropped off. According to Mac The swimmer who identified himself as Neil B had swam all day and night from Eleuthera. Neil left late tuesday from Ridley Head and swam into the night and following morning before being picked up by Mac and William jusst before 10 A.M. The two fisherman had been trolling when they spotted the kayak. Ricky Riley who was paddling the Kayak waved for assistance. After Neil and Ricky had boarded a bazaar tale was told.Mac gave the two the jackets and pants he and William had on. William said deh was all froze up. After warming up a bit Mac asked if they needed anything. Neil said yea I'd a beer!!! Mac said you swim all dat way for a Kalik! Boy you crazy! The details were asked not to be included until Neil can find a computer. The two fisherman asked me if I could post this info for those on Abaco who were worried.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration