Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Beautiful Words
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 2 messages
Posted by:Feb 20th 2003, 01:27:55 pm
KimberlyI love that story, and really wish that more of our writer friends would send their bylines in for inclusion at the Briland News & Tales link at the top of the Briland.com site. Hey, Hemingway and Dr. Paul Albury and Stanley Babson used to fish the waters of the Bahamas ... which obviously inspired THEIR phenomenal works.

In any case, let us know about an island topic you've been yearning to write about. If you've ever wanted to be internationally published, now's your chance. [The Briland.com board was visited by more than 100,000 folks last month, from twelve different countries.]

Don't worry if you've never written before or if your spelling is a bit rusty. Our editors will help you out. And one day soon, we may even be able to offer pay. Buzz rum@briland.com to get started.
Posted by:Feb 19th 2003, 01:47:30 pm
smittyJim Reno, where are you?
Sitting here, buried in 27 inches of snow, I once again read your beautiful story of Walking The Beach on Harbour Island.What better time I might ask? I recall, we had a brief conversation a few years back when I first read it.You asked if it was difficult getting published and I can't help but wonder if you have? There's certainly no lack of talent but I know getting it done can be difficult.
Your story still moves me deeply, Jim.If it's possible for anyone to love the Island more, it's yours truely.You know the golden words and "Walking The Beach" is still 24 carrot in my book.
Hope this note finds you putting together another gem.
Ken Smith

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration