Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Clean marinas?
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 2 messages
Posted by:Mar 3rd 2003, 12:02:49 pm
Robert HLet me try this one more time, are any of the marinas in North Eleuthera or Harbour Island clean marinas, or do we have to take care of everything ourselves? We prefer to dock at marinas with pumpouts and just wanted to make sure where were going.
Posted by:Feb 28th 2003, 12:06:23 am
Robert HOkay, we learned our lesson in Abaco. If I'm not mistaken they now have pumpout facilities in Harbour Island. I think I heard Patty say so on the net one morning a while back. Hopefully this will reduce the number of boaters both sail and power who release their waste with no regards to the enviroment. Responsible and enviromentaly concious boaters know how to manage their waste. A comon practice is to utilize the facilities on shore saving the holding tank space for when there are no facilities.

Now what I wonder is where is the waste treatment plant for all the on shore facilities on the individual harbours. You think there may just be a possibility that your friendly jet skier may be swiming in it????
BTW we don't "dump" our holding tanks, we macerate the waste into teeni weeny itsi bitzi little pieces preferably way off shore beyond the legally established boundaries.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration