Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

History on harbour Island (Briland)
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 5 messages
Posted by:May 1st 2003, 03:14:40 am
hobiecatAnd at the risk of being too superficial....thank you Rock House for the frozen goombay smash! Too yummy!
Posted by:Apr 30th 2003, 11:16:25 am
KimberlyActually, having watched St. Benedict's School just sit around in varying states of disrepair all these many years, I think it's kind of cool to see my old grade school library and stage turned into a pretty cool luxury suite. And what Rock House has done with [my fave early school teacher] Eva Lorraine Sawyer's old third-grade classroom is nothing short of amazing ... brings back great memories of the classic poems of Longfellow and Whitman she made us memorize that she had personalized with specific references to Harbour Island . Go, Rock House! Thanks for having a sense of posterity about the island's old buildings, and for not turning them into coffee shops and bazaars.
Posted by:Apr 30th 2003, 08:01:02 am
smittyYou're close with the name Briland, it is an abbreviation for Harbour Island.If you say that fast enough it comes out Briland.Sort of like Saint Nickalos.If you say that fast enough it comes out Santy Clause.Did you know that? Ah, the things I do for youse.
Posted by:Apr 30th 2003, 07:31:27 am
JOURNEE727REPLY. BRILAND IS JUST A NICKNAME THAT WAS SHORT FOR BRILAND. IN TERMS OF SELLING THE CATHOLIC PREMISES NO ONE COULD HAVE AFFORDED TO DO SOME THING WITH THE PROPERTY. I AM GLAD THAT TWO YOUNG MEN TOOK THE INITITIVE TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE WITH THIS PLACE. THE PLACE WAS SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WHY COMPLAIN NOW.
Posted by:Apr 27th 2003, 09:28:32 pm
Brilandkid How did that sweet little Island get such a lovely name like Briland?? & Why did the catholic church sell such an hitorical site like St. Bennedict School, that contributed so much to this lovely Island was it for the almighty dollar which the catholic's love or the need of care and up keep???

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration