Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Dining in S. Eleuthera
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 1 messages
Posted by:May 21st 2003, 02:57:17 pm
BluestarsFor Brilanders and North Eleutherans and visitors who venture down to South Eleuthera, there are three establishments that I recommend for dining out. They are, not in any particular order: (1) Sammy's place in Rock Sound. I've been going there for diner for years, and the food is consistantly good, especially the conch and grouper. Sammy is the former maitre d at the once famous Cotton Bay Club. Sammy's is a little off the beaten path, but there is a small sign along road through town. One can ask anyone for directions and find it without too much trouble. (2) Four Points in Rock Sound has both inside and outside dining. The outside dinning is right on water. One can watch bone fish, barracuda, and other fish swim by, even at night by the lights. There's also a full bar right there. The setting looks like something out a an adventure movie, but of course it is the real thing. As at Sammy's, conch and grouper are excellent here too. My wife sometimes picks a to go order for us mid-day, and we have it for lunch or save it for diner. (3) Cheryl's in Deep Creek is a special place where one is expected to make diner arrangements the day before and Cherl thus takes speical care of each diner party. However, in a pinch she will take care of people on short notice. One can call ahead by phone or short wave radio and tell her how many and what they want, i.e., loster, ribs, etc. If the diner party wants beer or wine, there is a liquor store across the street. Cheryl's is idea for large groups.
Well, these are my three recommendations. If anyone wants details, just respond to this message. Enjoy.
Keith Simmons

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration