Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

goombay smash
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 6 messages
Posted by:Jul 14th 2003, 03:37:09 pm
smittyYou poor devils.Have none of you heard of Absolute martinis.I didn't know you had a reputation of being an imbiber, Kimberly.Let's see, what can I do with that? Ken
Posted by:Jul 13th 2003, 03:10:17 pm
KimberlyHey, I'm an easy target when it comes to a decent Goombay Smash, I must admit ... but I really like the sound of Mandy's Costco-worthy recipe. Boy, do I miss those all-night bonfires ...
Posted by:Jul 13th 2003, 02:31:08 pm
hobiecatHi! This is the recipe I use, simplified, and easily concocted for those late night beach bonfires:

One bottle dark rum
One bottle coconut rum (Ron Ricardo is my fave, but have substituted Captain Morgan in an off-island pinch)
One carton orange juice
One carton pineapple juice

Shake, stir, consume, enjoy!
Posted by:Jul 8th 2003, 06:42:56 pm
ColinAm I wrong that a Goombay traditionally includes: one shot each of light rum, dark rum and coconut rum, mixed with pineapple juice?? Add ice and shake well. A whiff of Galliano may be added. I find that a nice squeeze of lime or lemon really helps bring out the sunshine in the drink.

I'm a wee worried about Kimberly if she's gotten this wrong. Her reputation as an imbiber is such one would expect her to know!
Posted by:Jul 5th 2003, 04:54:43 pm
Kimberlysorry to have missed the big party deadline. equal parts dark rum, gold rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, nassau royale liqueur [can substitute triple sec]. just do a google for goombay smash, and you'll find many, many great recipes!
Posted by:Jul 3rd 2003, 04:19:56 pm
sunvalleyrivhi all..we are having a 4th of july celebration and want the best recipe for a goombay smash..any help would be appreciated.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration