Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

2003 Regatta
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 6 messages
Posted by:Sep 24th 2003, 09:31:20 am
brown eyesfrom my understanding there is surely going to be a regatta and not a homecoming this year.2003
Posted by:Sep 23rd 2003, 08:49:06 pm
KristelSo, does anyone know what the schedule is for this regatta/homecoming? Will there be any live music on Bay Street this year? Is there a junkanoo, fashion show, who's the DJ...? Any word what's going on at Three Island Dock?
Posted by:Sep 11th 2003, 11:04:15 am
KristelI do hope the Funk Gang or Courage Band play this year on Bay Street. I was rather disappointed in Regatta last year. There were loud DJs but no live music. The Brilanders played at Sea Grapes (for a hefty cover charge) - but there was nothing live at the Regatta itself. Every homecoming I've been to on Eleuthera has had live music - from Eleuthera Express to Sweet Emily to Stevie S. and more. It seems Regatta is based upon drinking alone when it could be so much more. With all the money on Briland you would think this would be the ultimate homecoming. I can't believe the local bands don't at least support it. Are the rumors true that they may play this year? Anyone out there on the committee?
Posted by:Sep 10th 2003, 08:09:39 pm
KimberlyHey, Teasher ... all that I've heard through the grapevine is that the former regatta may be reorganized as a homecoming in October, with Courage Band and Brilanders playing. But I'm kinda waiting for Georgina Whitfield or Lynn Cleare to post details on what exactly's happening next month. Anyone else have more up-to-date information?
Posted by:Sep 10th 2003, 08:06:56 pm
brilandbeautyI think there will be a Regatta this year and usually it haas been a tradition for it to be held on the weekend of Columbus celebration. Which is from the 9-14 (?). Maybe Kimberly knows for sure (e-mail address listed above).
Posted by:Sep 9th 2003, 03:50:55 pm
Albert JonesWill the Regatta be held in Harbour Island this year? I would appreciate knowing the dates, if anyone has this information. Thank you for your reply.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration