Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Regatta Report
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 1 messages
Posted by:Oct 15th 2003, 03:42:30 pm
KristelJust returned from Eleuthera and Briland and thought I'd give a little update on how the weekend went...
The weekend weather was quite nice and I had a nice daytime view of the sail boats from Three Island Dock.
I missed Friday night at Regatta (I socialized at 3 Island Dock the first night) but I understand the Brilanders put on a greate show on Bay Street and everyone had a wonderful time. On Saturday I spent part of the afternoon touring Briland to get a photo gallery going for this board and was impressed by how many enterprising individuals had set up road side stands around the island selling beverages and food. I returned early to catch the second night of live music... but rumor had it that there "wasn't enough current" for the Brilanders to play, so alas, no live music. The DJ was having a great time though. I believe 100 JAMZ worked in conjunction with the DJ because t-shirts and bags of "goodies" were being tossed out to the crouds. The goodie bags contained a t-shirt, a drink bottle, some shampoo, gel, some kind of aspirin type product (I guess for the morning after the night before!), and a condom. Free Smirnoff Ices were being distributed from the DJ stand too. On Bay Street the stalls were packed, the drinks were flowing, and the food was wonderful. About 1 am the current went out for several hours - I was at Seagrapes where the party goers decided to improvise and began singing Bahamian music acapella. Several guys got up on stage with drums and a saw and accompanied with some rake n scrape. That was quite a treat!!!
We had a "first timer" with us who enjoyed a little too much and I want to thank everyone who helped us track down the "drunk white boy" - and especially the folks in the golf cart who found him and delivered him to us!

The only downfall I saw with the weekend is that at 4 am there were well over a hundred people waiting for water taxis back to Eleuthera, but it appeared only one taxi was running. Next year, the taxi drivers should think about scheduling themselves all night during Regatta.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration