Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Cell phone usage in Briland
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 4 messages
Posted by:Apr 30th 2004, 03:19:32 pm
greenebudMy Cingular TDMA cell phone (Nokia 2260) worked just fine on Eleuthera and in Nassau. Roaming fee was .99 minute and Batelco's tower charge was just under 2.00 per minute. Expensive but convenient.
Posted by:Apr 30th 2004, 10:54:28 am
NorinFirst of all, isn't one reason we all go to Briland to get away from cell phones? But if you really need one, you can go to Batelco and pay a hefty deposit and rent one during your stay. I only know as I listened when another visitor was in the Batelco office two years ago. Best to call them and confirm.
Posted by:Apr 29th 2004, 12:27:22 pm
ArtEDIT TO MY FIRST POST! I guess I should mention that the cell phone service I need is for communication to and from the States.
Posted by:Apr 29th 2004, 11:35:57 am
ArtI will be visiting for a few weeks in June and wondered if there is cell phone service available there. I know that it is not available through my Alltel plan, but wondered if I might be able to buy a phone there and set up service, or maybe even do a temporary rental. Any info that anyone has would be helpful.

Thank you!

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration