Briland News Link (click)
"Briland sweet, eh?"
Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.
is required, and your
new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.
|Click Here to Post a New Topic|
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message
|Fishing Season: Rules & Regs|
|Click here to return to the subject menu.|
|Page 1 of 1||Total of 1 messages|
|Posted by:||May 6th 2004, 09:37:48 pm|
|Fig Tree News Team||For a complete copy see http://www.bahamasnet.com/w.fishing.html, or contact The Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, P.O. Box N-3028, Nassau, The Bahamas. Tel: (242) 393-1014.
* The bag limit for Kingfish, Dolphin and Wahoo is a maximum combined total of 6 fish per person on the vessel, comprising any combination of these species. Vessel bag limits for other marine products are 20lbs of scalefish, 10 conch, and 6 crawfish per person at any time. The possession of Turtle is prohibited. The above amounts may be exported by a vessel upon leaving The Bahamas.
* It is illegal to spearfish within one mile of the coast of New Providence and the southern coast of Grand Bahama, and within 200 yards off the coast of all other family islands. Spearfishing using underwater breathing apparatus is illegal. It is illegal to use any device other than a Hawaiian sling for the discharge of a missile underwater.
* It is illegal to uproot, destroy or take any corals.
* Closed Season for crawfish (spiny lobster) is April 1 to July 31. Minimum size limit for crawfish is a carapace length of 3 1/4 in. from the base of the horns to the end of the jacket, or 5 1/2 in. tail length. The possession of egg-bearing female crawfish is prohibited.
* It is illegal to harvest conch that does not possess a well formed lip.
* It is illegal to buy or sell bonefish.
* It is illegal to catch grouper and rockfish weighing less than three pounds.
* No license or fee is required of visitors who fish from shore, rental boats, or chartered boats with crews.
us online at