Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

How to Help from the States?
Click here to return to the subject menu.

Search messages for:

in message text

in author name

Search subjects for:

in subject title

Search subject archives:
Month
Year

Page 1 of 1Total of 4 messages
Posted by:Sep 2nd 2004, 05:02:15 pm
capt mikeHi from Capt Mike Reef Chief im planning on take the boat to Hrb Is as soon as possiable and will be taking as many supplies as i can i would be happy to take what ever other people have to donate you can contact me at 954 401 1931
Posted by:Sep 1st 2004, 11:30:21 am
tweedyOur thoughts and prayers are with all of you on Harbour Island. I know you are getting ready for the storm and we all pray that it will do little damage to your beautiful island.

I will call the consulate here in NYC tomorrow and see what we can do to help from here.

Please everyone there take care and be safe.

Gail Tweedy
Posted by:Aug 31st 2004, 01:03:53 pm
Fig Tree News TeamHi, Elsie:
Thanks for asking. The Briland Modem Fund was launched in 1999 to coordinate hurricane relief for Harbour Island and North Eleuthera post-Hurricane Floyd ** the $25,000 raised went to repair uninsured local homes and businesses impacted by the storm's fury ** and is a 501(c)(3) organization to which funds can be immediately posted stateside, at which point we can wire the funds directly to the island. Your donation is fully tax-deductible.

In the event of a direct hit by Frances, your checks, money orders can be forwarded directly to the Briland Modem Fund, 10153 Riverside Drive, Suite 244 - Toluca Lake CA 91602 or wired directly to Bank of America, Account 21734 08237.

As the BMF now works with various community development programs, please note on your donation that the funds are to be used for 'Frances Relief.' For more information, visit www.brilandmodemfund.com.

Thanks for offering to assist --
Kimberly King-Burns, executive director; board members Glenroy Aranha, Richard Haskell and Sharon King
Posted by:Aug 31st 2004, 12:53:38 pm
elsieGood luck and may God be with you all throughout The Bahamas.

How can those of us in the States help? Is there a fund or drop-off designated yet? I well remember how difficult it was to get relief supplies and $$ there after Floyd and would hope the system might be better this time.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration