Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Passages: Kim Barry
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 7 messages
Posted by:Nov 23rd 2004, 08:04:38 pm
ErinsisleTo Brenda and all the Barry Family,
I would like to extend sincere sympathy and heartfelt prayers to you all on behalf of the Mullin family. Words cannot explain the terrible loss you are experiencing but the wonderful memories that she has given you will be the gifts that will help you to struggle on. May God hold her in the palm of his hand safely until you all met again,
Sympathies,
Austin, Gail, Erin and the boys
Posted by:Nov 23rd 2004, 02:46:32 pm
RaindazeOur deepest sympathy goes out to Tracy, Brenda, Tina,Toby,the whole Barry family and all of the people who love Kim. We're so sorry for your loss...lots of thoughts and prayers going out for you all.
Raina and Em
Posted by:Nov 23rd 2004, 11:26:41 am
hobiecatDevistating news. My heart goes out to the Barry family and to Gavin. Kim was such a wonderful person, she will be missed, but her spirit lives on in all whom she touched. My warmest thoughts and wishes,
Mandy Barton

For those who would like to send flowers or plants to the memorial on December 4th: Debby Harrison, Builder's Square, 242-335-1446.
Posted by:Nov 23rd 2004, 10:56:04 am
MaddieThe entire Bronson family; Helen, Natalie, Maddie, Tad and Kate send our love and prayers.
Posted by:Nov 23rd 2004, 10:55:35 am
Jay-JayI don't understand.... I was in Harbour Island last week to orginize a few weddings and saw kim a few times. I asked her what she was doing home in November and she said "I just had to come home." We made plans for the Xmas and had a long conversation about law school. When i got the phone call in Canada on sunday i was in shock. I still remember the purfume she was wearing at the Landing last sunday when i hugged her good bye after brunch. I still remember her on the beach last saturday with her dad, tina, gavin and his parents. She was so wondeful and intellegent. She was always so happy. On the behalf of myself and the Percentie Family we extend our deepest regreats to Ms. Brenda and the Barry Family. May her soul rest in peace.
Posted by:Nov 22nd 2004, 03:28:08 pm
KimberlyKim's memorial service has been scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on 4 December in the gardens of The Landing.

I am so sorry ...
Posted by:Nov 22nd 2004, 03:01:25 pm
Fig Tree News TeamOur hearts go out to mother Brenda Barry of The Landing, sisters Tracy and Tina and a host of family and friends:

Kim Barry, 35, passed away Saturday at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Manhattan, where her distraught family gathered after flying to the city from the Bahamas.

"She was a wonderful person to be with and universally respected," said Richard Revesz, dean of New York University's Law School. "When she enters a room, it becomes a warmer, more cheery place."

"She was a totally brilliant young woman and an amazing person," said a friend who gave his name only as Derek. "I'm completely traumatized."

After receiving her bachelor's and master's degrees from Georgetown, Barry graduated magna cum laude from NYU Law in 1998, school spokesman John Beckman said. She then spent some time in the private sector and clerked at the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco before returning to NYU to work on electoral issues, including the right of felons to vote in Florida.

A year ago, she was the first person awarded the Furman Fellowship, which provides promising law school graduates funding and an office to do research. Barry also worked at Human Rights First, an advocacy group, and became known around campus as a respected source of advice for struggling students.

"[She is] a cherished member of our community," Revesz said. "Like everyone here at the school, I am stunned by the suddenness, tragedy and unfairness of this."

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration