Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Pssages: Lois Van Howten
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 4 messages
Posted by:Dec 3rd 2004, 01:53:42 am
BrilandkidMy deepest sympathy to the King family in your time of sadness. Mr. & Mrs. Claus as we fondly remember them made Christmas worth waiting on. They will always be remembered as the wonderful people they were who made a lot of kids very happy. They touch a lot of our lives through their generosity and smiles. May God give you strength to endure during you time of grief.
Posted by:Dec 1st 2004, 08:41:22 pm
JulianMy condolences to the King Family on the passing of your mother, grandmother. I am a Briland child of the seventies and remember Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus on the government dock - with much affection. My sisters and I looked forward to that day for months. I remember getting coloring books and crayons - and so much more - but mostly I remember the look in "Santa" and "Mrs. Santa's" eyes - pure joy! I will never forget your beautiful mother; she (and Santa Clause) brought smiles to so many faces you couldn't even count.
Merry Christmas Mrs. Santa Clause. May God bless you.
Posted by:Dec 1st 2004, 07:01:18 am
Sue R.Our deepest condolences to all of the King family, particularly you, Kimberly, on the passing of your grandmother. Countless Brilanders will have fond recollections of Mrs. Van Howten and be grateful for her warmth and generosity, especially now that Christmas is approaching.

A big hug to you all, Sue and Jesús
Posted by:Nov 30th 2004, 08:40:55 pm
Fig Tree News TeamLois Van Howten, aka "Mrs. Santa Claus" to hundreds of 1970s-era Brilander kids, passed away on Tuesday afternoon in La Quinta CA. She was 93.

Lois is survived by daughter Sharon King, son Michael Van Howten of Indian Wells CA, granddaughters Kristi King-Lahache, Karol King-Black and Kimberly King-Burns of Harbour Island, and nephew Christopher Van Howten of Valencia CA.

Internment services will be privately held at Forest Lawn cemetery in Hollywood CA.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration