Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Bahamas in December?
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 3 messages
Posted by:Feb 28th 2005, 07:22:05 am
MaddieI have been to Harbour Island for Christmas once. It was very warm until Boxing Day when a front came thru and then we never saw the sun again and we were wearing our fleece jackets. Just be flexible!
Posted by:Feb 26th 2005, 08:08:41 pm
KimberlyHi, Caroline:
I grew up on Harbour Island, now live in Los Angeles, and am a total weather wimp ... and I went SCUBA diving with Ocean Fox in early January with no problem whatsoever. Winters are extremely temperate in the Bahamas ... those same Gulfstream winds that cool us off in the summer do a great job of warming us up in what's known in North America as "winter." You can also check the water temp chart to the left of the messageboard, under Frequently Asked Questions.

Hope this helps
Kimberly
Posted by:Feb 26th 2005, 01:42:31 pm
dcsamI've used this message board a long time ago and found the members very helpful. Hope you can help me decide on whether or not we should vacation on Great Exuma in December. We've been to Eleuthera in June, but we've never been to the Bahamas in December. Are the waters still warm enough for swimming, snorkeling? I've heard there may be a few cold fronts move in. We are from Washington State where a cold front means below freezing. I know it's different in the Bahamas, but is it still usually sunny and warm? Any advice or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.
Thank you!
Caroline

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration