Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Trip Report: Great Trip To Eleuthera
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 1 messages
Posted by:May 4th 2005, 11:19:49 am
Fig Tree News TeamMark
May 3, 05
Email: mmitchell2@cfl.rr.com

My family just returned from a week in Eleu and we didnt want to leave. We stayed at Finiterre in North Palmetto Point. We traveled as far south as Lighthouse Point and as far north as Hatchet Bay Cave.

Here are our reviews:

LOCALS: Great people and always willing to help and some of them even helped pull us out when we pulled too close to a beach in Tarpum Bay.

LIGHTHOUSE BEACH: Worth the trip to the south. Dont recommend a low to the ground vehicle, the road is rough in places, and dont make any turns on the road.
Once you pass the kids camp, just go straight, no turns. The reefs are close to the beach and are beautiful.

BANNERMAN TOWN: We ended up here after not going straight to Lighthouse Point. This is where the Cruise ships go on the tip of the Island. We got there in the morning when a Cruise ship had came in the night before and hadnt let the passengers off yet. There is a great gift shopping area here that opens when there is a ship. I dont know if they are open when there isnt a ship or not.

OCEAN HOLE: Interesting place and the fish were very hungry and if you Scuba, looks like a great place to dive.

TARPUM BAY PIER: Great Bone fishing right off of the pier and lots of locals just enjoying their day with lots of information on the island available just for the asking. We also found a road just north of Tarpum that had a great beach full of shells and the reefs were full of life and shells.

TEN BAY BEACH: Closest beach to an American style beach we found. Great beach for the kids to play. Reefs are farther out and the baby jellyfish were in full force. Not stinging, but will be soon. Locals guided us to this beach, but the road had private signs all over it, but we found a place to access the beach. Lots of private homes on Ten Bay making it harder to get to, but a beautiful place to go.

CLUB MED BEACH: Atlantic side with lots of reefs for snorkling, but the day we went, too rough to snorkle.
Beautiful beach with waves.

HATCHET BAY CAVE: Great little drive up from Palmetto Point and lets you see a part of the island that used to be part of the plantations. The cave is rugged and my boys are only 5 years old and not quiet old enough to make it through the cave. Lots of graffiti in the cave,some of it dating back to the early 1900's. Rope ladder at the exit that could be difficult for some people. Bring a flashlight.

TIPPYS: My wife and I enjoyed the food at Tippys the best. Great food, great view and great people.

SUNSET INN: Great food and another great view of the Carribean

MATE AND JENNYS: We had the large Conch pizza and it was one of the best meals we had the whole week.

UNIQUES: We went for the buffet on Wednesday and the food was great and the live music mad it even better.

GOVERNORS HARBOUR BAKERY: Great pastry and fresh bread.

CARRIBEAN BEACHES: Water was always crystal clear and we stopped all over the island on the Carribean side and always found a lot of interesting things in and out of the water.

ATLANTIC BEACHES: More waves and larger reefs and normally a little cooler temps due to the persistent winds.

TWIN AIR CHARTERS: I am a pilot and had no hesitation going on a smaller plane but my wife wasnt sure, but as soon as she got on the plane, she loved it.

TO SUM IT UP, WE HAD A GREAT TIME AND THE WIFE WAS ALREADY ASKING ME WHEN WE WERE GOING BACK NEXT YEAR.

Thanks to everyone that helped us and this site is a wealth of information.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration