Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Baretta's Gets Top Rating (Seashell Inn)
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 1 messages
Posted by:Apr 18th 2006, 11:01:13 am
Fig Tree News Teamhttp://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g148423-r4972587-Harbour_Island_Out_Islands_Bahamas.html

Traveler rating: 5 of 5 stars
Harbour Island: Baretta's Seashell Inn: "Perfect location, Great Relaxed Family Atmosphere"
New Apr 14, 2006: A TripAdvisor Member, Toronto, Canada

This place was inviting, lush, landscaped gardens. Ample space to relax on a lounge chair under a tree. A direct path to the beach. Though the place was not oceanfront, it didn't matter as you could still hear the faint wash of the waves in the distance.

Harbour Island was a place to behold, beautiful and decadent but also quirky. The hotel room was spotless and the TV was welcome on the one day it decided to rain, I might have killed myself if it were not there!

There is not much to do on Harbour Island when the weather is bad. The hosts were most welcoming, and island efficiency is low so don't expect too much..ie the power may go off once or three times! Everything is family run, so expect quality Bahamian and some international dishes in the restuarant, turned out by incredible Chef Noel.

The family are walking through, keeping a close eye to the details and ready to do anything for you at the drop of a hat...My request for a Bahamian fish breakfast resulted in the owner "Baretta" riding off on a golf cart to commission a fisherman to catch and deliver to the kitchen a big fish the next morning, so that everything would be fresh for me! That is the kind of service you can expect. True Bahamian hospitality, on an island and a country overun by foreign hotel owners it seems, Baretta's Seashell Inn was a welcome departure and a true reminder that I was in fact on holiday in The Bahamas.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Be the first to rate this review!

Write a review of this hotel
Post your photos of this hotel
Did you find this review helpful? YesNo
Traveler rating: 5 of 5 stars
Harbour Island: Rock House: "Rock House keeps getting better"
Apr 11, 2006: A TripAdvisor Member, New York, NY
Pineapple Room terrace viewPineapple Room terrace at nightRock House GrillRock House RestaurantPineapple Room terrace viewPineapple Room terraceRock House at night
View larger photos with 1 other

I visited the Rick House for the second year in a row and must admit to being blown away once again. Owner Don Purdy and his superlative staff did an amazing job at making our vacation a truly spectacular one. This year we stayed in the Pineapple room, which boasts a beautifully appointed patio/terrace overlooking the Harbour. Sunsets were absolutely breathtaking, with reflections from the water illuminating the entire room. While some early-to-bed types might frown at the slight noise from the adjacent dining room, we were not disturbed in the least. The staff does a great job of shutting all activity down by 11:00pm at the latest. The restaurant was superb, including the food, service and smiles from everyone on staff. You will not find a more beautifully appointed boutique resort anywhere in the world. Rock House is as good as it gets.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration