Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Theft and Tourism
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 1 messages
Posted by:Jun 26th 2006, 03:07:11 pm
jamesnI recently returned from my first trip to Eleuthera. I found the people of Eleutha to be among the friendliest that I have ever met. At no time did my family or I feel that we were in danger of being victimized in any way. Until we returned home.
I was informed by my credit card company that two “suspicious transactions” had occurred with my credit card. One of the two was a charge of over $1,000 which originated at the Buccaneer Club Restaurant in Governors Harbour, Eleuthera. My family and I had lunch at this restaurant and I paid the bill with my credit card. This was the only time I used this card while in Eleuthera. The fraudulent charges to the card were made on the same day as we had lunch in this restaurant.
I have tried to contact the Owner/Manager of the restaurant but have not yet had a reply. As I said in my letter to him/her, I sincerely hope that there is a reasonable explanation. Until then I thought it best to simply share my experience in the hope that others will be more careful if they decide to visit this restaurant. If a “reasonable explanation” is found, I will immediately re-post this message with an update.
I’m sure that I’ll get a number of responses from people that have been to the Buccaneer Club Restaurant that have nothing but praise to give. I would ask them to contact the Restaurant owners to make them aware that they may have a situation to address. My main purpose in posting this is the hope of notifying the people involved that in the long run the people of Eleuthera will be the ultimate victims of crimes against tourists.

Jim

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration