Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Passages: Clary Moss
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 19 messages
Posted by:Jan 30th 2007, 01:45:31 am
Fig Tree News TeamNote from Kif Brown:

"Funeral was peaceful. I sat outside under the tent. It was a gorgeous day with a light, cool breeze the entire time. Dotty, they read your letter in the church. What a nice tribute. The homily emphasized the mission of Brilanders to make sense of the tragedy. The priest counseledif they were to find themselves in a similiar situation of potential violence, RUN! He encouraged everyone to make the most of Briland's attributes be it the natural beauty or her community. At the cemetery, many people usually disperse as the grave is filled. Yesterday, I noticed few left at all until 'it was finished.' Later someone on Love Lane said to me, "Did you feel the change in Brilanders? Did you feel how this has affected everyone so deeply?" I learned purple is Clarie's favorite color. Friends plan to have a ring of purple flowers around the grave. _____ I, too, was surprised how deeply it affected me. I didn't know Clarie well but couldn't help notice the confusion of emotions that surface...grief, sadness, anger, loss, hope...a profound mixture of negative and positive....a deep hope for us all wherever we are to be aware of the gift of life and love every moment we are 'present.'
Posted by:Jan 26th 2007, 07:42:53 pm
KimberlyThe Prince and Princesses shall trod out of Babylon.

I and I stretch forth I and I hands and hearts unto JAH RasTafari.

Oh I JAH of Ithiopia, I Divine Majesty, the I Spirit come into I and I hearts to dwell in the paths of righteousness.

Lead I and I, help I and I to forgive that I and I may be forgiven.

Teach I & I Love and Loyalty on Earth as it is in Zion I.

Endow I and I with wisemind, knowledge, and overstanding to do Thy will Oh JAH RasTafari.

The I blessed love be unto I and I, JAH RasTafari; that the hungry be fed, the naked clothed, the sick nourished, the aged protected, and the infants cared for.

Deliver I and I from the hands of I enemies that I and I may prove fruitful in these First/Last Days, when I enemies are passed and decayed, in the depths of the sea, in the depths of the earth, or in the belly of a beast.

Oh give I and I all a place in Thy Kingman forever and ever, Oh JAH RasTafari.

So let the words of I mouth and the meditations of I heart
be acceptable in Thy sight Oh JAH RasTafari, I and I Strength and I Redeemer, who lives and reigns in the minds and hearts of, I and I and I.

JAH RASTAFARI.
Jah Nuh Dead
---------------
I bid you good night, sweet Clary.

love, Kimberly and Elkanah
Posted by:Jan 26th 2007, 11:03:30 am
KarolGone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and starts
for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck of white cloud
just where the sea and sky come
to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says;
"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"
Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull
and spar as she was when she left my side
and she is just as able to bear her
load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone!"
There are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad
shout;
"Here she comes!"
And that is dying.

by Henry Van Dyke, a 19th Century clergyman, educator, poet, and religious writer.

Posted by:Jan 25th 2007, 11:43:43 pm
BrilandkidOh Jah we give thee thanks for the time we had you with us and your everlasting brite smile. you will be sorely miss my brother. May you rest in peace now that your work is done and that that is undone will stay undone. One Love.
Posted by:Jan 25th 2007, 11:28:28 am
KarolThat's a great idea Kif. Those of us in the States and elsewhere can do it as well. Mine will be "Clarie's Tree".
Posted by:Jan 24th 2007, 09:13:12 pm
KifPerhaps we can each plant a tree, shrub or flower this as a living memory to one who loved what nature bountifully provides.
Posted by:Jan 24th 2007, 09:04:07 am
bahamasharonGoing Home Service for Clary will be Saturday, January 27 at 11 A.M. at the Blessed Sacrament Church. All of your many friends will miss you.
Posted by:Jan 17th 2007, 08:53:19 pm
godsfavchildGod is still in the business of performing miracles.
Posted by:Jan 15th 2007, 05:16:22 pm
snowyour prayers are with the Clary Moss family and with JJ as he recovers.
Posted by:Jan 15th 2007, 10:39:05 am
KarolAs unbelievable as it sounds, JJ is being released from the hospital today! The doctors just cleared him to go. Although they didn't say specifically, but this must mean that the infection is under control. He will stay with his sister in Nassau for the near future, as he will need to go back to the hospital for check-ups. I know Clary must be smiling.
Posted by:Jan 15th 2007, 12:09:19 am
KarolHi all - JJ had a great day! He ate for the first time since Wednesday and actually took a walk down the halls of the hospital. That just HAS to be a great sign! The doctor's are talking about releasing him very shortly - within days. As I said before, everyone's prayers are working, as I cannot believe the progress he's made over the past four days given his injuries. Will post an update after doctor's rounds tomorrow morning.
Posted by:Jan 14th 2007, 08:17:29 pm
briland's bestThanks for the update! God bless you!
Posted by:Jan 14th 2007, 08:16:53 pm
BrilandkidThanks Karol you are a true Briland trooper many thanks. WE Luv Ya!!
Posted by:Jan 14th 2007, 12:20:34 pm
Fig Tree News TeamUpdate from Karol King
Princess Margaret Hospital
Nassau, Bahamas
(by way of Atlanta GA)

Good Morning. JJ's headache is easing up a bit thanks to the change in meds. There is still no word on the lab results to see if the infection is being taken care of - we'll most likely have to wait until Monday.
Posted by:Jan 14th 2007, 11:45:45 am
KarolTo Clary, may God be with you and may there be swift justice. To Clary's family, friends and fiance, my most sincere condolences. He was a sweet, sweet man. To Brilanders and Eleutherans alike, I pray that you will take the actions necessary (positive actions) to ensure that tragedies like this do not happen in our cummunities again.
Posted by:Jan 13th 2007, 06:36:48 am
bahamasharonTo Dorothy and all of Clary's family I am so sorry to hear the news. Clary was such a good man and I will miss him. I am praying for JJ's recovery.
Posted by:Jan 13th 2007, 02:07:30 am
Sabrina and RickWere so shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news. Our love and prayers are with J.J. and his family. Please let him know that hes in our thoughts and that we send him lots of love. Thanks.
Posted by:Jan 12th 2007, 04:09:08 pm
Fig Tree News Team12 January update
Princess Margaret Hospital
Nassau, Bahamas

Today's update from Karol King:

"This morning, we finally met the surgeon who operated on and is treating JJ. It was at first good and then iffy. He initially said that although JJ had so may stab wounds, he was making excellent good progress. He actually said, that unless there was no infection (in the wound that punctured the liver and is not yet closed) he is "out of the woods". But that would depend on the lab results yet to come in.

"I can't fathom this but he felt if all went well, JJ could be out in 5 - 7 days. I think, frankly, that he's out of his mind. Then the labs came in and, indeed, he has developed an infection. It's not off the charts, but an infection none-the-less. They gave him a dose of antibiotics and they will do another set of labs tomorrow to see if they helped fight it.

"He has a hell of a headache, but they won't give him anything for the pain because apparently that can interfere with the antibiotic. Who knew? Great news though - he is hungry! They won't let him have even liquids for another day or two, but appetite's a good sign, I believe so anyway.

"Finally, as soon as his sister washes them, we've gotten him clean, new sheets for the bed - that actually fit. Yes - the patient's beds are a twin and still they cannot manage to get the sheets to fit. In fact, the sheet is tied to the bed with gauze ... no joke.

"I am going back this evening at 6pm for the visiting hour and then JJ's sister and I are going to get some dinner and a drink - or six ... I'll see JJ in the morning and then I have to get back to my baby. I'm nervous about the infection but somehow feel very upbeat.

"I think your prayers are working and that he'll pull through just fine. One thing I know for sure is that I am so grateful to have been able to be here and help.
Posted by:Jan 12th 2007, 01:24:26 pm
Fig Tree News Team[10 January 2007 Harbour Island, Bahamas] Popular Brilander Clary Moss was fatally stabbed and friend J.J. Rolle, Jr. seriously injured on Harbour Island this past Wednesday afternoon after an argument with Keno Johnson and Jonathan Bowleg, who were visiting from Bogue, Eleuthera, turned fatal on the normally peaceful island. Mr. Moss was pronounced dead on the scene, and Mr. Rolle was airlifted to Princess Margaret Hospital in Nassau, where he remains in serious condition.
Police Liaison Officer, Inspector Walter Evans, told The Nassau Guardian that police investigations into the murder were ongoing. Local sources confirm that Mr. Johnson and Mr. Bowleg were immediately taken into police custody.
On Thursday afternoon, Karol King flew into Nassau to visit JJ Rolle, Jr. at Princess Margaret Hospital, where he was med-evacuated after the incident, and files this report:

JJ actually looks far better than I expected although he is quite banged up. Thank God, he is apparently "stable". He has wounds all over his body although I could only see the facial ones (he almost lost his upper lip) and, at one point saw his stomach. The most serious injury is that one of the wounds punctured his liver, which is what they were trying to correct in surgery until 2 am last night. It is packed with gauze because they couldn't close it until they were sure the bleeding would stop. If it does, GREAT news. If not he must go in for more surgery.

I am going back to the hospital in the morning - 9AM - which is when the doctors do their rounds and can update everyone on his condition. His father, two sisters and the mother of his beautiful little girl are here as well.

When I walked in this evening, he opened his eyes, recognized me and said "What you doin, gal? When you got here?" But then he was gone -- he can open his eyes for only a second, I suppose because of all the pain medication.

I think everyone's prayers are working.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration