Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Valentines' First Review at TripAdvisor
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 2 messages
Posted by:Jul 25th 2007, 05:01:48 am
kristiNot bad for a first review!!
Posted by:Jul 24th 2007, 01:55:36 pm
Fig Tree News TeamTraveler rating: 5.0 of 5 stars
Harbour Island: Valentines Resort: "The best place in all our travels!"
angie, coastal area of NC Jul 16, 2007

My experience with this property took place in:
May, 2007
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? absolutely!
My ratings for this hotel are:
5.0 of 5 stars Value
5.0 of 5 stars Rooms
5.0 of 5 stars Location
5.0 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5.0 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5.0 of 5 stars Service
3.0 of 5 stars Business service
I recommend this hotel for: An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Great pool scene, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists
I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun, Outdoor / Adventure, Great food / Wine, Shopping, Other
My age: 35-49
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
My visit was for: Romantic getaway

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g148423-r8128134-Harbour_Island_Out_Islands_Bahamas.html

I can't believe I am the first to review this place. Maybe it's because people that have stayed there want to keep it a secret. We stayed in the Abaco 201 suite. It was truly a five star accomodation in every sense of the word.

Goose down pillows, high thread count sheets, luxurious bath robes, immaculately clean, flat screen satellite TV's, perfect sized kitchen and bathroom. We loved our balcony looking over the pool and being on the end unit, we could people watch from a perfect little privte perch! . The people there are so very friendly. We stayed for 10 days (May 3 - May 13th.) The main thing is just to say hello before you ask for anything. Basic common courtesy. I am used to that being from the south anyway!

We have traveled most of the Caribbean, have chartered yachts in the BVI's a few times, have been to Mexico at least 10 times, have been on cruises, and visited Puerto Rico extensively. This place was - and I don't say this lightly -the best we have ever stayed in. We will definitely be back again and again!

Though the food in Valentine's was pricey, we loved exploring and seeking out more local fare in our golf cart. We also rented a boat from Duke (a 25 foot Aquasport) for our 10 day stay.
All in all, the whole experience was worth every penny. Just don't go there and expect it to be cheap like Mexico.

Be sure to make the journey over to Spanish Wells while you are there. Party at night in Harbour Island (they prefer you to say Dunmore Town) and visit Spanish Wells during a day trip or two. Remember, they don't sell alcohol there in Spanish Wells. We had plenty to drink, but it was always a gift! We had great fun with the locals there (Brock, April, Bertha, Terracita!) but our favorite locals were a 9 year old from Dunmore town named Waymond and his buddy Kenneth. Waymond will assist you with all matters related to boating and will even drive you around. My husband is a licensed boat Captain so we found this 9 year old's knowledge of the water to be incredible.

Also, Brian in the restaurant at Valentine's will get you anything - any kind of food or drink you could want from anywhere on the island. He is "da bomb!"

We will be going back in the spring! Every year! This place left a lasting memory and we made many wonderful friends.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration