Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Briland Music: Percenties At The Pink Sands
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 3Total of 45 messages
1 2 3 Next>>
Posted by:May 13th 2008, 07:11:28 pm
ash12yep i,ll talk to vic,jack and dody to start this new campaign!! that amelie person sure is making things much better,,,,,,are you a comedian!!!
Posted by:May 13th 2008, 04:01:25 pm
AmelieAbsolutely nothing will happen, just you watch. All talk no action just want to complain complain complain.

Thank you for trying. NIce try!
Posted by:May 12th 2008, 11:19:14 pm
KimberlySounds like a plan ... why not develop another campaign that directly benefits them? Seems like a great idea, and there's a lot of good music to go around.

Is there a time frame for when this argument will be decided once and for all as to how to move forward? I seriously doubt that you're going to get all of the descendants of all of the sons and daughters of the original Percentie Brothers band to decide on one option or project, so it kinda makes sense to get a few going.

Best of luck, and let us know what you decide!
Posted by:May 12th 2008, 08:39:10 pm
ash12explanation,s like the family reunion and the last remaining member of the band,,being ANTHONY MOBS PERCENTIE and the other last member of two being aunt olga higgs,,,over this whole campaign nothing is even mentioned about them,,i think personally some of the proceeds should go to those individuals,,,,ooops i dont want to be labeled as a demon again for being vocal
Posted by:May 12th 2008, 02:55:44 pm
KimberlyWhat kind of explanation are they looking for?

From what I can tell, two of the descendants of the band made a business decision and digitized 25 popular songs from their family band's repertoire, after having gotten licensing permission from the estate that owns the master recordings. They then had the songs manufactured on CD and made it available for sale at stores all over Harbour Island and attempted to develop an online marketing campaign as well.

Other members of the family can do the same thing, too ... and given the immense popularity of this one particular effort, we look forward to your family getting the other complete albums involved as well. You should take the lead on such a project, and strike while the iron is hot!
Posted by:May 12th 2008, 07:53:12 am
ash12hi kim, well i spoke to some family members and they,re still waiting on someone to give somekind,ve explanation,,but for me personally i dont really care about the online or instore sales but i have a problem with when i here that the proceeds is going to the WHOLE PERCENTIE FAMILY,,,other than that i,m glad to see that my familie,s music is being heard worldwide
Posted by:May 11th 2008, 06:12:25 pm
KimberlyHi, Ash: What's the latest news? (And what's the decision on the difference between selling the CDs online and at the various stores on the island?)

Thanks ... we still have 100 CDs over here, and are waiting for word on what you'd like to do with them.
Posted by:May 11th 2008, 06:10:11 pm
Ameliewhat did the Family decide with regard to future promtion, the other music?
Posted by:May 11th 2008, 05:10:20 pm
ash12looks like its a dead end with the online sales but you can stop in on just about any store in briland and buy the music
Posted by:May 11th 2008, 02:03:52 pm
AmelieSo, these many weeks later what was decided by the family after all, will we be able to purchase the music online after all or have to wait until we we are on island to buy it?
Posted by:Apr 26th 2008, 07:51:45 pm
KimberlyBTW, many members of your family have been plenty vocal via e-mail, with a lot of discussion going both ways ... I appreciate their keeping the heat down on the Briland board, though. It's all a learning experience, indeed.
Posted by:Apr 26th 2008, 07:28:50 pm
KimberlyYou might want to encourage the other members of the family to put similar campaigns together, then. Just because a few members developed a promotion on their own does NOT preclude other members of the family from doing the same thing ... just look at the music charts in the USA and Europe ;-).
Posted by:Apr 26th 2008, 03:53:00 pm
ash12well kim, i canot speak for the whole family,,my presonal opinion i never had any disagreements with online or on the island in store sales,,i personally think that more effort should,ve been spent on involving more members from all sides in the family. i,ve come to realize that the whole campaign was great for some BUT in a sense in my veiw very much hurt alot in the family they mite not be vocal in public and online in this forum but alot are hurt
Posted by:Apr 25th 2008, 04:02:55 pm
KimberlyJust let us know when the family meets and what it decides to do. Our e-mail coffers are bulging with requests for CDs, questions as to when and if the music will be made available for sale online. That's all.

Ash -- why was the family apparentlly okay with the CD being sold all over the island, but not all right with it being sold online? Thanks for any clarification.

Talk soon.
Posted by:Apr 25th 2008, 03:56:41 pm
ash12for clarification,i did,nt mention that i was never going to talk to victor or jackie,,,i said, ( if i do an when i do! i would,nt put the results on this forum. there needs to be a meeting with the native son,s and any other family members who have some concerns. i spoke to troy , richard and other people in the family. there,s alot of stuff being said, alot of it is new news to me,,,i spoke to uncle anthony he is perfectly in good mind,,looks like i am the only one huh richard P! i guess i,m like my parents!!! both are very out spoken. i certainly never mean,t to defimate anyone,s character!!! ESPECIALLY MY FAMILIE,S,,THANK YOU AGAIN
Posted by:Apr 24th 2008, 10:32:41 pm
KimberlyNow, now ... let's wait for the Percentie family around the country to announce their future plans, before passing judgment. We're all avowed Percentie Bros. fans, which can't be all wrong ;-).
Posted by:Apr 24th 2008, 11:47:57 am
Richard PIs Ash the only person of the Percentie family who knows how to use a computer? Since he stopped the musick sales, it only makes sense that SOMEONE tell us what is officialy happening here. Why can we buy the music on the island not on the internet anymore? Or was this just to embaras someobody in public?
Posted by:Apr 23rd 2008, 11:22:09 pm
AmelieEXTREMELY selfish people, what is going on here?
Posted by:Apr 23rd 2008, 03:47:08 pm
Towarso sad, indeed.... So how do I get 2 more copies for the stocking stuffers I planned?
Posted by:Apr 23rd 2008, 02:17:01 pm
smittyKristy,,Yeah, women have always been able to see right thru me.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration