Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Vacation destinations
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 8 messages
Posted by:Jul 30th 2008, 04:15:35 pm
charliehKimberly

Thank you for the info and reply. A good friend of mine was just physically attacked on St Martin by someone who broke into his villa, so now St Martin is off of my list.

That means that Harbour Island is now again a possible destination, so I do very much appreciate your input.
Posted by:Jul 29th 2008, 06:45:07 pm
KimberlyI'm looking for recommendations for a hotel room hopefully less than $200 per night.

Depending on time of year, check out Bahama House Inn, Seashells Inn, Tingum Village, Royal Palm and Sugar Apple B&B.

I've checked out plane fares, but I have no idea what it costs to get from the airport to Harbour Island via water taxi.

$5 from the airport to the dock, and then a $5 boat ride across the harbour.

Also no one specifies the daily rental fee for golf carts.

$40-50/day, depending on the length of your stay.

All in all the web sites are underdeveloped.

Not certain why you didn't see the above information in the frequently-asked questions section, as that part of the site was built out first several years ago ;-) ... it's all there.

However, this looks like an intriguing destination and I'd like to know more about the details.

We love Harbour Island, and hope that you'll stop by sometime!
Posted by:Jul 29th 2008, 06:43:30 pm
charliehThere is no edit button to edit my last post.

Please never mind about my questions. I can't book an awards flight for the time I wish to travel, so we'll be going elsewhere.
Posted by:Jul 29th 2008, 06:06:38 pm
charliehI've checked out the web sites listed and have done some additional checking, but I can't find one good travel message board anywhere.

I've looked at all the accomodation links. I'm looking for recommendations for a hotel room hopefully less than $200 per night.

I've checked out plane fares, but I have no idea what it costs to get from the airport to Harbour Island via water taxi.

Also no one specifies the daily rental fee for golf carts.

All in all the web sites are underdeveloped.

However, this looks like an intriguing destination and I'd like to know more about the details.
Posted by:Jul 27th 2008, 05:03:49 pm
charliehFig Tree - thanks for the info. I'll do a little more looking around.
Posted by:Jul 27th 2008, 02:13:51 pm
Fig Tree News TeamBriland.com is meant to be more of a virtual city hall for local and expat Brilanders, but we certainly welcome visitor inquiries.

Have you checked the Island FAQs (frequently asked questions) link, to the left of this messageboard? There's a little history and a lot of local island facts and logistics over there ... but of course, come back with your questions!

For more classic tourism information, please see myoutislands.com or www.bahamas.com.
Posted by:Jul 27th 2008, 10:41:47 am
charliehI'll looked through the 1st 10 pages on this forum and clearly this is not a tourist forum.

Can anyone sugggest a good tourist forum the Bahamas?
Posted by:Jul 26th 2008, 10:10:44 pm
charliehWe've never been to any part of the Bahamas, but Harbour Island looks interesting. Looking for suggestions of other "out" islands to research.

We've been to St Martin & St Barts many times and are looking for another destination.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration