Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Water and Sewerage
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 4Total of 70 messages
1 2 3 4 Next>>
Posted by:May 4th 2009, 10:42:44 pm
brilandbeautyBased on the salt content of the so called "fresh -water " right now...we'd put mortons out of business! Interesting proposal though...
Posted by:May 4th 2009, 12:13:36 am
KimberlyHmmmm. If the salt sediment can be made edible, why not package it as Briland Gourmet Salt ;-)? How very 'green' we would be perceived to be ...
Posted by:May 3rd 2009, 06:33:58 pm
brilandbeautyI heard that reverse osmosis has a brine that produces. basically once the fresh wate ri sremoved for the salt water it produces (the obvious) a bribne. Pure salt! Which is not good for the environment...any expert opinions?
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 11:59:15 am
MaddieAmen, Partyman!
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 10:56:35 am
The PartymanOne word, two syllables:

CISTERN (and I ain't talkin' about James my bruddas and sisters).
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 08:50:18 am
DakeWhat about the reverse osmosis plants ? apparently for every 1 gallon of good water there are 6 gallons of "bad water" and these bad gallons are being pumped back down under the ground ? since we do not have a sewerage system on the island (just soak aways), I wonder if all the bad water is seeping into the sewerage are and causing foul smells odors to seep above ground ... not good ? hmmmmmm - any experts know about this or have more accurate info ?
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 08:28:37 am
KifExactly why I was wondering if anyone is studying the water table on Eleuthera as it relates to weather and development.
Posted by:May 2nd 2009, 08:14:30 am
ash12fresh water is on top of the salty or brackish water within the water table,,after pumping so much without any rain, you would surely get to the brackish water. the old rusty pipelines is where the rust comes from
Posted by:May 1st 2009, 09:57:20 pm
brilandbeautyGood point Ash but why is it salty and orange?
Posted by:May 1st 2009, 04:41:42 pm
ash12you mite want to take it under consideration,,there has,nt been much rain in months,meaning that the wells are low and the water tables aren,t replemishing as fast as they usually do.also we,re pumping water up eleuthera. so the water presure is low for now unfortunately
Posted by:Apr 30th 2009, 12:50:14 pm
KimberlyLetters to the editor of the Tribune/Guardian/Bahama Journal/ZNS/Cable 12, letters and phone calls to the Ministry of Works, Bahamas Water & Sewerage, central administrator and local councillor certainly can't hurt ...
Posted by:Apr 30th 2009, 11:49:16 am
bltI just spoke with my parents who are without water. I'm sure they aren't alone. Any recommendations on what to do? Thanks
Posted by:Apr 27th 2009, 08:22:26 pm
brilandbeautyWow!!
Posted by:Apr 27th 2009, 03:54:29 pm
MaddieA friend in the Narrows hasn't had any water for 25 days! That's a disgrace!
Posted by:Apr 25th 2009, 09:03:20 am
KifDoes anyone know the real state of the Eleuthera aquifers, especially if/when proposed development there ever happens?
Posted by:Apr 25th 2009, 04:59:44 am
kristiI know for a fact that Coral Sands had trouble with the water during Easter as well. They use the cisterns that they have and they werevery low and had no water pressure for a while. Don't know about the fact that they are pumping "all" of the water though. This has been a problem FOREVER because I remember the days when people used to go to the pump next to the church of God with gallon jugs just to fill up on water. The water was always going off - even then.
Posted by:Apr 24th 2009, 08:48:07 pm
brilandbeautyKristi, you were lucky as I did not even have water to render a comment. It is on and off now but it is still rusty and salty. I heard that the water is headed to the hotels. they only clean the water, they still use city/local water. So all those that say that the hotels are not a factor in lack of water...ummm lets think about that for a second. As far as I know, no hotel uses the "sea water" to purify for their patrons...therefore they are using city water and literally leaving us dry!
Posted by:Apr 24th 2009, 03:44:14 am
kristiWhen I was on the island over Easter, the water was not brown coming from the tap but it did taste like sea water (I only used it for showering and brushing of the teeth).
Posted by:Apr 20th 2009, 08:27:29 pm
brilandbeautyMB, I second that motion. Let's get the ball rolling with this.
Posted by:Apr 20th 2009, 10:43:14 am
smittyFirst sensible comment I've read on the subject.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration