Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

TRIANA SHORES COVENANTS PROHIBITING COMMERCIAL BUSINESS
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 3Total of 41 messages
1 2 3 Next>>
Posted by:Sep 12th 2009, 11:12:57 pm
ash12we,re forming a triana shore association in the very near future to prevent and protect our subdivision from certain or all infractions according to the law,,anyone who,s interrested can join
Posted by:Jul 21st 2009, 09:28:55 pm
ash12there,s a rumor going around that i only had something to say about the development up in triana! who ever the person is who,s spreading the wrong news should read and understand whats going on! because my daughter was approached and questoned! not suppose to take it out on my family (AGAIN)!it goes to show how the wrong news spreads faster than the truth
Posted by:Jul 21st 2009, 09:28:51 pm
ash12there,s a rumor going around that i only had something to say about the development up in triana! who ever the person is who,s spreading the wrong news should read and understand whats going on! because my daughter was approached and questoned! not suppose to take it out on my family (AGAIN)!it goes to show how the wrong news spreads faster than the truth
Posted by:May 13th 2009, 07:36:40 pm
ash12you have to be a bahamian citizen,,you have to be living in a particular area for a year or more in order to run for local government. those are the requirements i think
Posted by:May 13th 2009, 02:12:25 pm
Big SlickAlso if anyone could inform me of the requirements involved in being eligible to run for a local government possition?
Posted by:May 13th 2009, 02:06:35 pm
Big SlickThe whole local government system is a Joke. And I regret the day the FNM ever put the system in place. Nothing will even change untill people that actually care about H.I. and not their own pockets are put in control.
Posted by:May 13th 2009, 09:50:45 am
Sullydont forget..it was only TWO members of the council that voted for it...
Posted by:May 13th 2009, 03:23:49 am
kristisad
Posted by:May 13th 2009, 12:33:02 am
ash12the council did the infraction knowingly (AGAIN)
Posted by:May 12th 2009, 09:27:54 pm
BBSorry but I'm not saying any of the above residents mentioned did anything wrong, but if each one of them did just one infraction to the legal covenant, Triana Shores subdivision would be no better than any Over The Hill government subdivision with no law and order. If each of the home owners abide by the rules..... Briland will be sweet aye. And as the song writer says "It only takes a spark, to get a fire going, and soon all those around can warm up in its glowing", if we can get it right in Triana Shores then go out throughout the rest of Harbour Island, then as the other song writer wrote "Briland Sweet Aye"......... I will have nothing else to say on this, good night
Posted by:May 12th 2009, 05:38:37 pm
ash12so it looks like its going to stay the same from here on in? continue with the lawlessness? so if the above mentioned did they,re thing! ok,,when can the council finally deside and do the rite thing?,,,,,,note remember the bathroom insident??? just trying to prevent the embarassment
Posted by:May 12th 2009, 10:17:28 am
BBMy brother, all we need to do is abide by the covenant, and all will run smooth, but if each household breaks at least one of them.... the community will be where its at right now, I'm doing my own thing, you doing your own thing, the Saywer's are doing their own thing, the Cleare's their own thing, the Dickie's their own thing, as so on and so forth. We don't like rules, as you stated in an earlier conversation the covenant is there in black in white, read it understand it, and govern yourself and your household accordingly.
Posted by:May 12th 2009, 08:02:42 am
SullyThe covenants are valid and enforceable. They prohibit all commercial business in block 3 of Triana shores. A store is not the same as a two family house...not even close.
Posted by:May 12th 2009, 06:39:45 am
ash12well if thats what you suggest,
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 11:18:15 pm
BBSo the Sawyers can open up their commercial business. What is good for the goose is good the gander. Mr. Brown should have met with all the property owners, and his lawyers, and have the covenants amended to include multi family dwellings........
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 08:56:06 pm
ash12when i last spoke to the developer, he had no objections to mr.higgs or any type building that does,nt look like a dwelving home but on the other hand,a condo multy complex type building. there were some sort of mix up a few years ago which some residents thought that in the covenant was stating that there was,nt suppose to be any type of split level dwelving homes. which was a ridiculous thought. so the single family homes that are modified somewhat so that some natives could make a lil bucks renting is not an issue i think. they,re still renting to single families,,where do espect natives to go who cant find anywhere to rent or afford to buy a peace of property on this island
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 08:41:02 pm
BBsorry, i meant to say okay and not only...
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 07:21:09 pm
BBonly Ashley he wasn't the first, the Fradds' was the first but if it didn't occurred (breaching of the covenant) it might not have gone thus far as it is today. It started somewhere, with one the the residents....
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 05:30:28 pm
ash12just to note,,mr.higgs first set of apartments are the same as the fradds house rite around the corner. the exact floor and roof plans. also mr,higgs has a double lot with a building on each of them.it could be a single in each of the apartments! how many lots in the area has more than (one) building on it! but are the buildings shops?!
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 03:19:41 pm
BBIt seems as if persons can't understand what they have read and sign their John Henry to. The covenants are there in black and white, just adhere to it and all will go smooth and dandy. But if the counsel had followed them from when Mr. Higgs built his first set of apartments in the area (single family) we might not have been in the predicament that we are in now. What's next Triana Shores Zoo, or Triana Shores Garage?

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration