Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

boat from bottom harbour
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 8 messages
Posted by:May 19th 2009, 08:43:26 am
Fig Tree News Teamhttp://www.eleutheranews.com/local/393.html
Posted by:May 18th 2009, 08:45:55 pm
JohnA very sad event and so sorry for the loss of life. Thankfull for Mark McLallen of South Bar Who jumped in the cut to save a number of lives. Is it time to begin to teach our childen to learn to swim in the early grades as we do live surrounded by water. It is my understanding that a number of people on the boat did not know how to swim.
Posted by:May 15th 2009, 04:57:12 pm
brilandchickWords cannot describe the pain i have felt since learning the news of my brothers passing... I have so many unanswered question that need closure.. WHAT WENT WRONG? why was he left the way he was? why didnt anyone notice him missing? why was he not saved? Knowing my brother and the character he was.... I KNOW within myself that something got in the way of him helping himself.. he was a very determined and strong person who would struggle until the end.... its so sad to know that everyone made it and he didnt.. its not right to question God's doings... but it surely does hurt... R.I.P BRO.. and i assure you that what ever happened that night will be revealed!! the truth will be told... I LOVE YOU and i MISS you so MUCH!! The sleepness nights and the Ocean of tears cannot bring you back but i know you will always take care and watch over me like you have been doing from birth.. you will forever be MY GUARDIAN ANGEL...

Your sis
Tamika
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 06:35:24 pm
KimberlyTerry and Donna, I am so sorry for your loss ... I can't begin to imagine what you are going through at the moment.

Take care
Kimberly King-Burns
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 03:35:10 pm
kdIt is really a tragic accident that happened yesterday. My condolences goes out to the Cleare Family. Terrance was a good guy, he lived his life to the fullest and I am sure that he would be remember by many. I encourage you to stay strong and remember to keep faith in God and everything will be okay.
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 12:45:58 pm
Fig Tree News TeamPassages: Terrence Roberts

I'M NOT SO MUCH

I'm not so much afraid to die
Or crying out for reasons why
As unwilling to let my death go by
Before I given every try
At having it on my own terms
Before deferring to the worms.

The terms of my death that I live for:
That my life shall have been fulfilled.
That the harvest of hindsight is gathered
And the fields of the future are tilled.
That the moment is one of reflection.
That my heart is at peace and is full.
That bitter and sweet make connection,
And I'm moving from love's gentle pull.

It's life that my dying must stand for.
If not, I'm inclined to refuse.
If it takes me the rest of my lifetime
I am seeking the death that I choose.
Of course, I am not in a hurry.
I get less in a hurry each day.
But I try to stay ready as much as I can,
Life tastes so much sweeter that way.

The things that I value I seize on.
The things that I don't, I let go.
I have nothing to lose by telling the truth,
And there's no point in waiting to know.
Living life ready for dying,
It's more than a way to survive.
It's a way of not letting the moment go by.
It's a way to be truly alive.

'Cause being alive isn't clinging
Or hoping that time will go slow.
It's knowing the time will come when it does,
The time when it's my time to go.

Max Gail 1975
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 12:29:09 pm
Fig Tree News TeamLocal report so far:

A boat turned over in the channel on Sunday evening with approximately 15 people on it, returning from Bottom Harbour Club around 10:30pm last night.

Terrance Roberts' body washed up this morning up at Harbours Mouth Channel, apparently the result of hitting his head on the boat and drowning.

Eloise Knowles' daughter and recent Miss Bahamas contestant Paris Knowles, Richard Johnson's daughter BJ, Bernice from the day nursery, Clint - Maria at Avery's son, Angie and Kenneth Stewart's son Kerwin and others were able to swim to shore up by South Bar.

We'll post more details as it becomes available.
Posted by:May 11th 2009, 07:02:13 am
kristiDoes anyone have news on the boat that flipped over last night on it's way back from Bottom Harbour. Did they find the missing people?

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration