Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Web Access
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 3 messages
Posted by:Jan 23rd 2003, 03:06:11 pm
chapelHi, Tess:
We're happy to announce that as of this morning, the Sir George Roberts memorial library and attendant computer center now has high-speed Internet access. Contact volunteer directors Don Savage, Ann Sawyer [x2923] or Kayla Davis [x3163] once you get to the island, so that you can set a schedule.
Posted by:Jan 7th 2003, 09:17:04 am
KimberlyHi, Tess --
The computer center will remain open during the library renovation, and cable modem access is expected to be installed there mid-January. The computer center will be integrated into the brand-new library space, which is great news for the entire island community.

Check in with Ann Sawyer at Ann's Fashions [Clarence Street at Dunmore] for more information on the latest computer center hours. The center availability is only as good as its volunteers, so please volunteer to keep the library open ... even two hours at a time.

Thanks for asking --
Kimberly
Posted by:Jan 2nd 2003, 09:06:31 am
TessWhat are the current options for web access on the island...there is Arthur's, I know, but with the renovations at the Library, will that resource be on hold for a while? I really just need to check email and am looking for availability and reasonable price ( I need only a few minutes/day). Cable is not available at our location yet. Thanks!

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration