Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

What to expect...
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 4 messages
Posted by:Mar 16th 2010, 02:17:38 pm
ash12and to add to that! there has,nt been any other incident since that what happened at (NIGHT)not in broad daylight! so the local crime watch committee is working and doing its best to prevent anything like that from ever happening again. swift action from the public is how the two people got apprehended by the police
Posted by:Mar 16th 2010, 01:21:27 pm
HIflyerPower was pretty bad but has now been on for 51 hours. I live here and have not yet lost an appliance (knock on wood). The water has not been potable for about 3 years and remains so. Other than the machete incident I've not heard of any violence. I am of the belief that there's more to the machete story than admitted -but it did happen. The new Police inspector is a no nonsense guy and has already started cracking down on the problem areas. He put together a committee of locals for help and guidance.
Posted by:Mar 16th 2010, 10:04:41 am
UglyAmericanWell let's see,...electricity is on and off countless times every day destroying even minor household appliances, city water is brown sludge that destroys all plumbing in peoples homes, and violence is now off the charts with tourists being assaulted with machetes, beaten and robbed in broad daylight.

Other than that everything's great here, enjoy your 30 dollar hotdogs!
Posted by:Mar 14th 2010, 11:00:13 am
MaddieMy family and I are coming down for a couple of weeks over Easter and I was wondering what the state of the water shortages, electricity outages and house robberies is...

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration