The Briland Modem
Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)









Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?


"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

New Status for Second Homeowners Throughout The Country
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 3 messages
Posted by:Feb 26th 2011, 07:38:57 pm
Fig Tree News Team

2 march 2011
Posted by:Dec 20th 2010, 04:41:41 pm
Fig Tree News TeamNo more immigration forms for returning Bahamians, residents
As of January 1, 2011, Bahamians and permanent residents will no longer be required to fill out immigration forms when returning to the country as is currently the custom.
Deputy Prime Minister Brent Symonette made that announcement in the House of Assembly yesterday when he tabled the Immigration General Amendment Regulations 2010.
“Normally we lay these things on the table but I want to bring this because this amendment removes the requirement for Bahamians to fill in an immigration card when they land as cruise ship passengers or aircraft passengers at the [Lynden Pindling] International Airport or any other port of entry in The Bahamas.”
Currently Bahamians are required to fill out the forms and present them to immigration officers when returning from a trip to a foreign country.
Posted by:Dec 8th 2010, 12:02:16 pm
Fig Tree News TeamOver the past month, there have been several reports that ELH has implemented a new policy arriving expat second homeowners are being asked to purchase a $500 permit each month, renewable at the Bogue central administrators office each month. has been able to clarify with Immigration that the new policy out of Nassau is to stop landing second homeowners as "visitors," and to instead register them with homeowner cards, per recommendation from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The homeowner card registration is a one-time fee, and good for the standard 120-day stay. Over and above a 120-day stay, the expat homeowner will have to reregister with the Department of Immigration.

We are researching a formal response from the Department of Immigration, and will post further clarification of this new policy as it becomes available.

Lord Dunmore Grouper and the minnows

Contact us online at