Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Passages: Joseph *Bonefish Joe* Cleare
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 6 messages
Posted by:May 9th 2013, 04:58:35 pm
ColinI never fished with Joe because he was always booked. We used to talk occasionally about where the best fish might be for bottom fishing (my favorite) and some of my family, who came down at different times from the rest of us. Amazing eyesight, a keen mind capable of weighing the many variables of wind, current, tide, season and weather and that enormous personality made him a joy to hang out with. May his new fishing grounds teem with giants!
Posted by:Apr 10th 2013, 02:22:24 pm
KimberlyJoe was the inspiration for Stanley "Loyalist Cottage" Babson's classic, WHERE SANDS ARE PINK.

http://www.myharbourisland.com/books.htm

Services are set for this Saturday afternoon.
Posted by:Apr 4th 2013, 08:48:44 pm
JohnSo sad to learn. Te death of a legend. Our best to the family.
Posted by:Apr 4th 2013, 03:25:17 pm
FrenchI'm very sorry to hear the news. I first fished with Joe in 1979 when I was 6. I have some pic's of my Dad and Joe from 30 years ago. My best to Aunt JoJo,James,Demetrius and Crew. I will miss the Bonefish Song Joe used to sing. I hope Dad and Joe are fishing together again, Tight Lines Joe. (10 O'clock, 30 feet, cast, strip,strip wait you got him!)
Posted by:Apr 4th 2013, 12:22:13 am
MaddieHe and Stanley are back together swapping tales! What a privilege to have been taught how to bone fish by both these wonderful gentlemen!
Posted by:Apr 3rd 2013, 11:31:42 pm
Fig Tree News TeamOur local legend passed away today, and God is prepping tight lines for Heaven's next fishing tournament.

Godspeed.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration