Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Eleuthera's Nadia Johnson Named Miss Bahamas Universe
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 3 messages
Posted by:Apr 1st 2003, 05:39:07 pm
Fig Tree News TeamFrom this week's Eleuthera Advocate, at www.nassauguardian.net:

Profile of an Island Queen
Miss Bahamas Universe Nadia V.Johnson
By Denise Major
Guardian Features Reporter

Supported by many from her hometown Eleuthera, beautiful, talented and courageous Nadia V. Johnson not only captured the heart of many who attended the Miss Bahamas Universe Pageant but she also captured the crown.
A woman of great intrepidity and determination, this twenty one year old originates from the settlement of Lower Bogue.
Nadia is the middle child of three and is said to be the outspoken one.
Her mother who is the strength in everything that she does made sure she became involved in positive projects, from Girls Scouts to Drama Club, church, school or community activities.
Nadia is no stranger to pageants as she was crowned Little Miss Lower Bogue and this experience turned her attention from dance to modeling.
On completion of the Lower Bogue All Age School, she attended the Windermere High School where she graduated in 1998 and the same year she received a partial scholarship to attend the Bahamas Baptist College. While there she taught at Tot's Educare Center.
She owes most of her successes to her manager Guius Bethel.
"Guius Bethel saw the talent in me and took over as being my agent he has not only provided me with the numerous opportunities but also has groomed me into the young lady I am today."
Nadia joined the Royal Bahamas Defense Force in July 22, 2003.
"This drastic change from a beauty queen to a fighting machine came as a shock to many including me. My job has brought out more qualities and characteristic I never knew I possess."
Now that she has captured the title of Miss Bahamas Universe Nadia's mission is to encourage peace and togetherness around the family islands and our neighboring countries.
Posted by:Mar 31st 2003, 11:21:25 pm
colabNadia johnson was always one to go after what she want,and i am so happy to see her reaching her goals,YOU GO GIRL!
Posted by:Mar 24th 2003, 09:58:11 pm
Fig Tree News Team21 year old Nadia Johnson, Miss Eleuthera Supplies, was crowned Miss Bahamas Universe 2003, last evening at the Rainforest Theatre at the Wyndham, Nassau Resort.

Ms. Johnson, a member of the Royal Bahamas Defense Force, was crowned by last year's queen Nadia Rodgers-Albury.

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration