Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Cape Eleuthera School: Bahamian Students Wanted, March 2004
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 1 messages
Posted by:Sep 12th 2003, 04:28:29 pm
Fig Tree News TeamChristian Henry, christianhenry@islandschool.

9/12/2003 4:15 PM

You have heard by now about Hurricane Isabel. She is a Category 5 storm with sustained winds of over 155 miles per hour and gusts up over 200 right now coming toward The Bahamas, and I've found some information that will be helpful to you as you decide what to expect from this hurricane- and how much you should prepare.

You can see weather pictures and hurricane storm prediction links on the internet at
http://www.islandschool.org - just click on "Weather" on the left.

You can see exactly for yourself what the predictions are and where storms will go. Just try a few different links and see which you like best.

I put this weather page together because I teach at a school on Eleuthera for Bahamian high school graduates and visiting high school students from abroad- a college preparatory program. We are hosting 42 students for the three-month program right now, and if a storm comes, we need to put up the shutters, pick up the yard, save up some water and gas, and charge the batteries.

In fact, maybe you can help me. The Island School is looking for Bahamian students to attend The Island School for three months starting in March 2004. It would be a hands-on academic experience designed to prepare students for college at COB or abroad. Through generous donors, the tuition for qualifying Bahamian students is only $700 for the three months, and it includes food, housing, and the full-time boarding experience here at Cape Eleuthera. If you know someone who is 16 or 17 who is finished with their BGCSEs but who is looking to be challenged academically starting this March, have them please please contact me. Also, we are looking for current grade 12 students who could start at The Island School in either September 2004 or March 2005. Email me or call the school and request an application- please leave your mailing address, phone, and email contact. Spaces are limited, but for the right candidate, we are willing to go the extra mile.

I got your email through forwarded emails- sorry for intruding. I thought most of you would be right here in The Bahamas, and find the weather information useful.

-Be well,
Christian Henry
Associate Director
Cape Eleuthera Island School

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration