Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Independence Day ?
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 14 messages
Posted by:Jun 17th 2004, 01:57:37 pm
smittyAhhh, another good party gone bad...where does a body have to go to get a good belt?
Posted by:Jun 17th 2004, 10:13:58 am
chapelHey, for you we'll bring along some decent sky juice, but Absolut has absolutely been forbidden from the park with a specific nod to maintaining national libation standards and all ... I'm sure that you understand :-)!
Posted by:Jun 17th 2004, 10:10:54 am
smittyI'd come for sure if I wasn't afraid they'd be serving Mt.Gay...
Posted by:Jun 16th 2004, 05:43:09 pm
KimberlyHey, if any Brilanders are going to be in Southern California over the Bahamas Independence Day weekend, feel free to stop by the annual LA-Bahamas picnic on 10 July 11:00a-sunset for an afternoon of feasting and music and all-around partying with the some 200+ Bahamian expats in the Los Angeles area.
Posted by:Jun 15th 2004, 04:00:43 pm
smittyOhh, I can tell you take your fiddles serious.Key lime pie's tough to beat, unless of course you want to include NY cheese cake and Mataxa.Doggone Maddie, you got my mouth waterin'.
Posted by:Jun 15th 2004, 10:37:57 am
MaddieYou forgot the best part... Key Lime Pie for dessert!
Posted by:Jun 15th 2004, 10:37:53 am
smittyOh yes, I forgot one other thing.You know what a "shooter" is?In a big shot glass drop an oyster, fill it with Tequila and just a drop of Tabasco.Then throw it down in one gulp.I always start my guests with a few of those just to get their attention.After all we have a reputation to maintain.New York decadence.
Posted by:Jun 15th 2004, 10:02:21 am
smittyMaddie
Something can be said for steaks,ribs,chicken and Trout of course.A nice appetizer.But out here in the colonies we have a slightly different menu.How does King Crab legs,clams and oysters on the half shell,Lobster,shrinp and of course a pile of serloins sound?Accompanied of course with potatoe and macaroni salad,french fries,beer for the peasants and naturally Martinis for the cultured.Let's see what'd I leave out?Oh yes, the best host in town.As for fishing at sunset, well, we have other activities for that hour...bathing suits are optional.
Posted by:Jun 14th 2004, 03:16:29 pm
MaddieI will never tell and by the way, we don't have clam bakes in the midwest. We have BBQs with steaks and ribs and chicken and trout!
Posted by:Jun 14th 2004, 12:05:47 pm
smittyIf you see a bum with a pony tail and a fly rod, strolling down the beach heading for you clam bake, don't be alarmed, it'll only be me.Now if I could only find out where the heck Lake Superior is...
Posted by:Jun 12th 2004, 01:15:12 pm
MaddieSmitty, I knew I could count on you for a celebration! We will be celebrating with a picnic on the beach in front of our home on Lake Superior and then fishing for brown trout during a sunset hatch of mayflies. There might be a bit of Mt. Gay involved...
Posted by:Jun 11th 2004, 11:31:27 am
KristelGood question. I was wondering about American Independence Day - usually there are fireworks off Valentine's, but the person who usually brings in the barge load of fireworks isn't doing so this year.... Will there be any and will the youth band be playing like they have in the past?
As for Bahamian Independence Day, I'm assuming Spanish Wells will be doing fireworks and Bluff is having their homecoming.... anything else?
Posted by:Jun 11th 2004, 11:30:59 am
smittyYes, We're having a pool party at my house in NY.
Posted by:Jun 10th 2004, 03:01:47 pm
fabuloustinyJus wonderin', Are there any plans for Indepence celebrations? If so, what are they?

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration