Online News & Information for North Eleuthera and Harbour Island, Bahamas
(It's much better in the Out Islands.)

Briland News Link (click)

NEWSWORTHY

roots

briland

marketplace

gallery

Exceptional Educational Outreach (Bahamas)

got questions?

"Briland sweet, eh?"

Coconut Notes
Review the earliest days of the Board [1999-2002]

Click the Ocean Button to sign in and post to the board.

A one-time registration is required, and your new ID will be automatically recognized the next time that you login.

Click Here to Post a New Topic
To Respond to a Posted Message,
Click the Message

Allen Hermes' Artwork: Briland Park Fundraiser
Click here to return to the subject menu.Click here to search the forum.
Page 1 of 1Total of 3 messages
Posted by:Aug 2nd 2004, 11:30:21 am
KifFlax,
My sympathy. Think it is a great idea. Would have loved to do the same for Mom, but we didn't have a collection to share.
Posted by:Jul 7th 2004, 10:13:17 am
bahamasharonSo sorry to hear of Mr. Hermes' passing. He painted such beautiful scenes of Harbour Island.

What a wonderful gesture to have a fundraiser on Harbour Island to benefit our new park. Hope I am on island so as to purchase more of his artwork.
Posted by:Jul 2nd 2004, 11:28:45 am
Fig Tree News TeamRecent note from Flax Hermes:

Hi Briland -- My father, Allen Hermes, who spent many years between the early 50s and mid 90s painting Harbour Island, died recently.

A year or so ago Kimberly and I talked about bringing some of his paintings to Briland and having a show to raise money for something on the island -- perhaps the sports/community center that I believe is planned for the old dump or the computer center. There would be something for everyone in a variety of prices -- prints as well as original paintings. I was thinking that it might be possible to do that this winter.

Thanks. I'm anxious to get back to Briland -- missed the past 2 winters. Helena ("Flax") Hermes. flaxhermes@yahoo.com

[Fig Tree News Team notes: The gentle image of Allen Hermes' 'Fig Tree' greets you as you open www.briland.com.]

Contact us online at
info@briland.com

administration